Ice Cream Pie Recipe

Disclosure: I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample of the product for review purposes. The opinions are my own, based on my personal experience with the product.

This past long weekend, I made my very first ice cream pie. For some reason, I always thought they would be harder to make. I don’t know why I assumed I needed special equipment like an ice cream maker! I had just about everything I needed already in my kitchen. It was super easy to make!

The crust is waffle cones broken into small pieces, Fisher Chef’s Naturals Sliced Almonds, butter and honey to hold it all together. It’s a crunchy texture coupled with the soft sweetness of the ice cream to make a heavenly dessert. I’m doing a review for Fisher Nuts coming up and they sent me some nuts to try. I found this recipe on their site and adapted it to suit our tastes. Really you could put whatever flavours of ice cream you want as well as change up the syrup. I love caramel, but Bridget doesn’t so that’s why we only used chocolate.

We usually buy Dairy Queen ice cream cake for birthdays, but making my own is so much cheaper and tastes just as good!

Ice Cream Pie Recipe

Ice Cream Pie

• 3 tbsp. honey
  • 3 tbsp. butter, melted
  • 8 waffle cones, broken up into small pieces
  • 1 cup Fisher® Chef’s Naturals Sliced Almonds
  • 2 cups vanilla ice cream
  • ¼ cup chocolate syrup
  • 2 cups chocolate ce cream
  • 3 tbsp. chocolate syrup (or caramel syrup) for topping
  • Whipped cream

1. In bowl combine honey, butter, waffle cones and ¾ cups almonds and mix well.

2. Firmly press mixture into the bottom and along the sides of 9-inch pie plate. Freeze 30 minutes, or until firm. Layer softened chocolate ice cream evenly into crust; spread with chocolate syrup. Freeze 30 minutes or until firm.

Ice Cream Pie Recipe

3. Place softened vanilla ice cream over chocolate syrup. Cover; freeze 4 hours or until firm.

4. Before serving drizzle with topping of choice. Top with dollops of whipped cream and remaining almonds.

Comments

1. Robin Wilson says

You made that?!? It looks like a dessert you could get in any restaurant! Absolutely delicious! I too, thought that an ice cream pie or cake would be so much more involved and harder to make! I cannot believe what the crust is made of, I could eat that by itself. This one is a winner ~ thanks!

I haven’t had ice cream cake in years. Your right – they always seem so decadent and hard to make. I really like the way you made the crust with nuts and waffle cone. A good crunchy, slightly salty flavor with the cold smoothness of the sweet ice cream – I can see where that would go well together. Enjoy!

3. carla bonesteel says

wow! this looks amazing…Having weight loss surgery in a couple weeks, so if I’m going to try this, it has to be soon…and I really want to!

4. tara b. says

o wow this sounds soooooooooooooo freaking good!!!! i will be trying this recipe out this weekend for sure….thank you for the recipe!!!!

5. Anne Taylor says

This sounds amazingly delicious and I know everyone in the family would love it! Thanks for the recipe!

6. Peggy Greco says

This ice cream pie looks very refreshing to make and serve, particularly in warmer weather.

7. Doris Calvert says

Oh my looks so good, just got a homemade ice cream maker so going to try it, pinned so I can keep it on file ALOT

This sounds so good. The crust is a winner for me mostly sound really lucious. This would be a great thing to make for a party. Thanks so much for the recipe for this yummy ice cream pie

I like this recipe . I have never made and ice cream pie before. It sounds yummy and looks yummy too. I will have to make on of these for the kids soon – a myself of course. thanks for the recipe

10. Chandra Christine O'Connor says

looks so good, my tummy is growling. ive made an ice cream cake using ice cream sandwiches. now im really hungry lol

11. Judy Cowan says

This looks so good, my hubby would love it. His birthday is coming up so it might be a good time to try this recipe out

12. Vesper says

It lovely wonderful, just wish my husband was into desserts so we could share rather than me eating it all