This Caramel Crunch Ice Cream Sundae is the perfect treat for the hot summer months. Add some vanilla ice cream to a waffle bowl, drizzle on some caramel syrup and sprinkle a little kosher salt on top. The caramel popcorn is the garnish and adds the final sweet/salty touch.
This easy frozen dessert is a delicious mix of crunchy sweet caramel popcorn, creamy cold vanilla ice cream and silky caramel sundae sauce.
With this recipe, you can even eat the bowl. Waffle bowls are my favorite way to enjoy an ice cream sundae.
If you’re a caramel lover, this is simple treat is exactly what you need for a little bit of decadence. I cannot resist anything caramel. I like it even better than chocolate. I know, crazy! But, it’s sooooo good.
Why You’ll Love this Caramel Crunch Sundae
- Easy to make with simple ingredients
- Lots of complementary flavors and textures
- Sweet and salty perfection
- Kids can make this recipe
- Customizable to suit your preferences
- Delicious to serve as a summer dessert
- Caramel sundae syrup – I also have a recipe for homemade caramel sauce that you can use.
- Sea salt or kosher salt
- Vanilla ice cream – Use your favorite store-bought ice cream or make your own homemade vanilla ice cream.
- Caramel popcorn – Buy it premade at the grocery stores or convenience stores. I have a recipe for Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn that would be delicious here.
- Waffle bowls – I find these in the aisle with the ice cream sundae syrups at the grocery store.
How to Make a Caramel Crunch Ice Cream Sundae
- Step One: Divide ice cream between 2 waffle bowls.
- Step Two: Top with caramel syrup, caramel popcorn and a sprinkle of salt.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Caramel Popcorn Ice Cream Sundaes
Variations and Substitutions
- Use another kind of sweet popcorn in place of the caramel popcorn. Maple almond popcorn would be yummy.
- Try butterscotch sauce instead of caramel sauce.
- Try another ice cream flavor like praline or maple pecan ice cream.
- Use a regular bowl instead of a waffle bowl.
You should make this dessert when you are ready to eat. It doesn’t store well.
Ice Cream Desserts
- Jelly Donut Ice Cream Bowl
- Peanut Butter Magic Shell
- Frozen Strawberry Fluff
- S’mores Ice Pops
- Ice Cream Pie
- Turtle Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Caramel Crunch Ice Cream Sundae
- ¼ cup caramel sundae syrup
- Sea salt or kosher salt to taste
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup caramel popcorn
- 2 waffle bowls
- Divide ice cream between 2 waffle bowls.
- Top with caramel syrup, caramel popcorn and a sprinkle of salt.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.