This Frozen Strawberry Fluff is a sweet summer frozen delight. It’s made with a butter cookie crust topped with a creamy layer of strawberry fluff.
We all love summer. And there’s nothing quite as great as a summery treat on a long, hot day. This frozen strawberry fluff is one of my favorites.
It’s quick and easy to make, has the perfect flavor, and is made with ingredients I always have around, so I usually don’t even have to take a trip to the store.
This cooling sweet treat takes just 15 minutes to prep and will be a go-to every summer!
Why You’ll Love Frozen Strawberry Fluff
- Quick and easy prep
- Cold and sweet
- Perfect way to use fresh strawberries
- Family favorite dessert
The full printable recipe card with measurements and instructions is found at the bottom of the post.
- Cookie Crust: The cookie crust is made with coconut cookie crumbs and melted butter.
- Egg Whites: I recommend using pasteurized eggs.
- Lemon Juice: Adding lemon juice to the egg whites helps to stabilize them.
- Sugar: Regular granulated sugar is perfect.
- Strawberries: Use fresh, chopped strawberries.
- Heavy Cream: I used 35% milk fat cream.
How to Make Frozen Strawberry Fluff
- Step One: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Step Two: Mix cookie crumbs and butter together in a medium bowl. Press into the bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Step Three: Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Step Four: Add egg whites and lemon juice to a large bowl. Beat with a mixer until combined and fluffy. Gradually add in sugar and strawberries. Continue to beat until fluffy and has large volume.
- Step Five: Fold in whipped cream. Spread mixture over cookie crust. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Step Six: When ready to serve, cut into squares. Garnish with fresh strawberries, if desired.
You need just a couple of basic kitchen tools to put together this recipe!
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Frozen Strawberry Fluff
This frozen strawberry fluff is the perfect dessert to cap off a hearty summer meal. Here are a few of my favorite summer dinner recipes to enjoy pre-dessert!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Grease the pan. A light coating of cooking spray makes it a whole lot easier to remove the bars from the pan once they’re cut.
- Bake the crust. It needs just 8 minutes in the oven. Baking it helps it set up so it doesn’t soften too much under the strawberry filling.
- Let the crust cool completely. If it’s still warm when you add the strawberry layer, it will just melt.
- Leave plenty of time to chill. I recommend letting the dessert chill in the freezer overnight for the best texture.
Variations and Substitutions
- Fresh vs frozen strawberries. I use fresh strawberries, but you could also use frozen if that’s what you have on hand.
- Try another berry. This recipe would also be delicious with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, you name it.
- Use another cookie. I love using coconut cookies for a little extra flavor, but feel free to use another cookie (or cracker) such as graham crackers, Nilla wafers, or shortbread cookies.
A finished strawberry fluff dessert can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week.
Alternatively, you can store it in the fridge for a couple of days. However, the strawberry layer will be softer and the cookie layer won’t be quite as firm.
- Caramel Banana Nut Sundae
- S’mores Ice Pops
- Toasted Coconut Fudgsicles
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Maple Pecan Ice Cream
- Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles
- Turtle Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- Cereal Milk Popsicles
You’ll also love these Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies, Strawberry Cheesecake Fluff, Berry Cheesecake Fluff, Strawberry Cheesecake Bars, Strawberry Pretzel Salad, Strawberry Sauce, Strawberry Cream Pie, Coconut Icebox Cake, Strawberry Icebox Cake and Strawberries in the Snow.
Frozen Strawberry Fluff
- 1 ¼ cup cookie crumbs
- ⅓ cup salted butter melted
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter together in a medium bowl. Press into the bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Add egg whites and lemon juice to a large bowl. Beat with a mixer until combined and fluffy. Gradually add in sugar and strawberries. Continue to beat until fluffy and has large volume.
- Fold in whipped cream. Spread mixture over cookie crust. Cover and freeze overnight.
- When ready to serve, cut into squares. Garnish with fresh strawberries, if desired.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.