Hi Everyone, Nicky here, calling in from Kitchen Sanctuary with a super-simple fudgsicle recipe.
Toasted Coconut Fudgsicles
My kids LOVE these things and they’re usually gone pretty quickly. They prefer the fudgsicles covered in funfetti or chocolate strands (of course!) but I like the grown-up feel of sprinkling on some toasted coconut.
Aside from the toasted coconut, only two other ingredients are needed for these fudgsicles.
I often see recipes containing honey, sugar, corn syrup, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract etc. This recipe only uses:
- Coconut milk (full-fat for a really creamy taste)
- Hot Chocolate Powder – preferably a sweetened version such as Cadbury Hot Chocolate
Using hot chocolate powder instead of cocoa means you don’t need to add other ingredients to offset the bitterness of the cocoa. The hot chocolate powder is richer, creamier and sweeter than cocoa, so it’s all you need.
If you would prefer to use cocoa, simply add honey and vanilla extract to taste.
I made these fudgsicles using the Norpro Ice Pop Mold – it’s my favorite type of mold to get that classic popsicle shape. It also means I can use wooden-throwaway sticks – so I’m not hunting for plastic sticks (which inevitably end up lost in the back garden or down the side of the sofa!).
I like to sprinkle on the coconut after the popsicle has frozen to get a neat, even covering. Just let them thaw very slightly before sprinkling the coconut on to make sure it sticks.
If you prefer, you can mix the coconut in before pouring into the molds.
Are you a fan of fudgsicles?
- 1 x 13.5oz can full fat coconut milk
- 5 tbsp hot chocolate powder (ideally the sweetened milk hot chocolate such as Cadbury or Carnation)
- ½ cup toasted coconut flakes (use ready-toasted, or toast your own in a 350F oven for 5-6 minutes)
- Place the coconut milk and hot chocolate powder in a blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Pour into your ice pop molds. Freeze overnight (or for a minimum of 5 hours)
- Once frozen, remove from the molds by running under hot water for a few seconds. Allow the outside of the fudgsicle to melt very slightly, then sprinkle on the toasted coconut before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g