Indulge in this rich, creamy and luxurious drink for Valentine’s day. Red Velvet Hot Chocolate is super chocolatey with all the flavors of the classic cake.
‘Tis the season for hot sweet drinks! Move over hot chocolate and give this easy and delicious red velvet hot cocoa a try.
It’s super easy to make and ready to enjoy in just 15 minutes. It’s made on the stove top and makes two yummy beverages for you and your sweetheart. You can easily double or triple the recipe if you need to.
Instead of bringing out the hot chocolate mix, try something a little different, but still as indulgent. Plus, it looks so pretty and perfect to celebrate Valentine’s day. It may even become your new favorite drink that you’ll make all year round!
What You’ll Love About Red Velvet Hot Cocoa
- Ready to enjoy in 15 minutes
- Can add your favorite toppings to suit your taste
- Perfect to serve as a Valentine’s Day drink
- Rich, sweet and creamy
Check out my Red Velvet Cookies.
Ingredients to Make Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
- Whole milk – You can use 2% milk, but it won’t be as creamy
- Heavy cream
- White candy melts or white chocolate chips
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla extract
- Red food dye
- Whipped cream
How to Make Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
Step One: Add milk, heavy cream, white candy melts, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and vanilla to a medium-sized pot. Cook on medium heat, stirring until the milk starts to bubble and the chocolate is completely melted.
Step Two: Reduce the heat to low. Add the vanilla and red food dye. Stir until well combined and your desired depth of color has been achieved.
Step Three: Pour the hot chocolate into two mugs and top with whipped cream and your choice of toppings.
Equipment Needed to Make Red Velvet Cocoa
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Red Velvet Drink
Topping Ideas for Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
- Red and white sprinkles
- Cinnamon hearts
- Chocolate sundae sauce
For best results, I recommend making and enjoying your Red Velvet Hot Cocoa hot and fresh. If it get cold, you can heat it up in the microwave and give it a good stir.
Hot Chocolate Recipes
Plus more red velvet desserts and homemade hot chocolate recipes.
Check out these Red Velvet Waffles.
Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, Facebook at Simply Stacie or Pinterest at @simplystacie and let me know how you liked this recipe and my other recipes.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup white candy melts or white chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
red food dye
- whipped cream
- Add milk, heavy cream, white candy melts, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and vanilla to a medium-sized pot. Cook on medium heat, stirring until the milk starts to bubble and the chocolate is completely melted.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the vanilla and red food dye. Stir until well combined and your desired depth of color has been achieved.
- Pour the hot chocolate into two mugs and top with whipped cream and your choice of toppings.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Leave a Reply