Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate is a homemade hot chocolate with peanut butter. It is a peanut butter lover’s dream. This slow cooker hot chocolate recipe is so simple to prepare and serve your family or a crowd.
We don’t often think about using our slow cooker to make beverages, but it can be done. And it can be done deliciously! I’ve made a few drinks in my slow cooker over the past few years including this Gingerbread Latte recipe. My girls love hot chocolate and instead of making the instant stuff, we have been enjoying homemade hot chocolate, slow cooker style!
Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
Is there a better combination than peanut butter and chocolate? It’s a match made in sweet heaven.
With the cold weather here to stay, I know that my slow cooker will be very busy. This recipe is really easy to make and a yummy way for my girls to warm up after a long day at school. It may not be the healthiest drink, but it sure tastes good.
What is in Hot Chocolate
Since this is a peanut butter hot chocolate it is extra decadent. I use cocoa powder, milk, chocolate syrup, peanut butter, vanilla, sugar and more to create an outstanding recipe. You will love the rich and silky smooth flavor this hot chocolate offers.
What is the Best Milk to Use for Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
I find that whole milk offers great flavor. If you use a lower percentage of milk it won’t be as rich at the end when you are ready to serve it up. But the choice is totally up to you on what percentage of milk you use. I wouldn’t do anything under 2% milk.
Will the Milk Curdle in a Slow Cooker
No, the milk will not curdle as it is being heated in the slow cooker. Because you are heating nice and slow instead of turning up to high heat and boiling the milk you will find that the milk does not curdle. You don’t want the milk to heat high or you end up with a curdled and burned mess.
That is why the slow cooker is the perfect appliance to make hot chocolate.
How Long Does it Take Hot Chocolate to Cook in a Slow Cooker
It will take 3-4 hours on low to cook in the slow cooker or 2 hours on high. If you want to keep your hot chocolate warm until you are ready to serve it.
What Are Great Toppings for Hot Chocolate
- Peanut Butter
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (I like the mini ones)
- Drizzle of chocolate or melted peanut butter
- Dusting of cocoa or cinnamon
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate shavings
Serving Ideas for Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
If you are wanting to serve up this hot chocolate to guests you might want some ideas. You could create a little hot chocolate station where you leave your hot chocolate on warm so it is ready to ladle up. Then have all your favorite toppings in dishes with spoons so people can create their perfect cup of hot chocolate.
Looking for More Drink Recipes to Try
- Pumpkin Spice Latte | I love a good latte, and this pumpkin spice latte is going to knock your socks off. This is way better than a coffee shop and costs so much less.
- Slow Cooker Chai Latte | Warm spices and black tea come together for one insanely delicious homemade chai latte. You will love whipping up this homemade slow cooker latte.
- Cinnamon Cappuccino | If you want an outstanding drink, whip up this cinnamon cappuccino. Frothy, sweet, and downright addictive after one single sip.
How Long Will Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Last in Fridge
You can store any leftover hot chocolate in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can warm it up by the cup in the microwave or the stovetop. Or if you want to make this drink ahead of time you sure can. Then just place it back in the slow cooker and cook on low till warm and then serve.
I do suggest if you warm it up on the stovetop do a low and slow reheat. You do not want this mixture to boil, or you could burn or scold the milk mixture. So turn it on low, stir often and let it reheat slowly.
How do you make your hot chocolate? Do you use the instant stuff in the microwave, make on the stove top or use the slow cooker method?
Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
- 9 cups milk I like whole milk
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups hot water
- ¼ cup chocolate syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- whipped cream for garnish, if desired
- chopped peanuts for garnish, if desired
- In a large slow cooker, add milk, cocoa powder, sugar, hot water, chocolate syrup, and vanilla, whisk to combine. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Uncover and whisk well to combine, add peanut butter and whisk to incorporate. Cover and cook for 10-20 more minutes on high.
- Serve and garnish with whipped cream and nuts. Enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.