Looking for a fun new recipe to serve up for dinner? This Pizza Stuffed Chicken is full of flavor and offers a fun and different way to serve up chicken. My pizza stuffed chicken recipe is easy to make and is great for any day of the week or entertaining friends. A rolled chicken breast that has marinara, pepperoni, and cheese.
Pizza Stuffed Chicken
I like chicken on my pizza. But what about pizza in your chicken? Oh yes, we are going there! Meet Pizza Stuffed Chicken! Is your mouth watering yet because mine sure is!
What Toppings Can You Use for Pizza Chicken
Be creative with your toppings! In this recipe, I kept to the classic pizza toppings of pepperoni, sauce, and cheese. Some other ideas that would be tasty are bacon, peppers, mushrooms, and olives. Who cares if it’s a little messy! Keep some paper towel or napkins close by just in case. Better yet, wear a bib!
What is the Best Marinara for Pizza Chicken
You are more than welcome to make homemade marinara to use or buy a jar. I just recommend buying a brand you know and enjoy the flavor of. The marinara is a bigger part so you want it to be quality in flavor.
How to Make Stuffed Pizza Chicken
Start by preheating your oven. Then in a bowl, you want to prepare the filling. Mix 1/2 cup of marinara, seasoning, 1/2 cup pepperoni, 1/4 cup of both kinds of cheese and mix and combine. Now spread the mixture on your flattened out the chicken. Then carefully roll up the chicken, and secure with a toothpick if need be.
Then place chicken in the baking pan, and pour the leftover marinara sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with cheese. Top with pepperoni and bake for around 60 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
How to Serve Pizza Stuffed Chicken
Serve it over some pasta with a little extra marinara sauce. I normally keep my meals low carb so I’d eat on its own or serve it with some zoodles (zucchini noodles). It’s a versatile recipe and would go with many side dishes!
Surprise your family with a batch of Pizza Stuffed Chicken for dinner. It’s both different and familiar at the same time. I love these fun pizza twists!
How to Pound Chicken Breasts Easily
Take one of your chicken breasts and place it in a gallon bag. Then seal the bag and try to get as much air out as you can. Now with a mallet or even a rolling pin, you will begin to pound out the chicken. Then once it is to the thickness you want, remove and then repeat with the rest of the chicken breasts.
I found this method works best, it is not messy and your chicken stays contained in the bag as you work it over.
If you love chicken, here are more chicken recipes to consider
- Hot Chicken Salad | This salad packs a little heat but is completely satisfying. Great for making as a quick lunch or even dinner to break up the workweek.
- Lasagna Stuffed Chicken | You know I love a good stuffed chicken, and this lasagna dish is incredible. Cheesy, saucy, and of course savory as can be.
- Chicken and Broccoli Casserole | Comfort food at its finest. This chicken casserole is one of our favorites. Loads of chicken, broccoli in a creamy sauce and topped with a crunch that satisfies.
The Right Internal Temperature for Cooked Chicken
You want to make sure to use a meat thermometer on your chicken and ensure it is fully cooked. The right internal temperature for cooked chicken is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Insert the meat thermometer in the center of the chicken and allow it to gain in temperature and see where it ends up. If it is 165 degrees you are safe to remove from the oven, slice and serve.
Is This a Low Carb Chicken Recipe
Yes, this is a low carb chicken recipe. If you pair with low carb sides, it will stay low. Making recipes like this allow me to have the indulgence of pizza but without the empty carbs that go with it.
Best Way to Reheat Pizza Stuffed Chicken
If you plan to store this chicken you will want to reheat it in the oven, toaster oven, or opt for the oven. If you reheat this chicken in the oven ensure you cover it with aluminum foil. The reason being is you don’t want the chicken to dry out. The aluminum foil will help protect it from drying out as it heats up.
I highly recommend giving this stuffed pizza chicken a try. I have been making this for quite some time now and it never gets old.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1 cup marinara sauce, divided in halves
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ cup pepperoni (about 40), chopped
- 12 pepperoni, left whole
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 F. In a bowl, combine ½ cup marinara, Italian seasoning, ½ cup chopped pepperoni, ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese; mix to combine. Set aside.
- With your pounded chicken breasts laid out in front of you, spread about ⅓ cup (just eye ball it and divide marinara mixture into fourths) sauce mixture on each breast. Carefully roll it up, using a toothpick to secure if necessary (this will be messy!); repeat for all breasts. Place rolled chicken breasts into an 8×8 or 9×9 square baking dish (they will likely be touching which is fine).
- Pour remaining ½ cup marinara sauce over the top of the chicken, sprinkle leftover mozzarella cheese, and then top with a couple pepperonis on each breast (I used 3 on each).
- Place into oven and bake for 50-60 minutes. Slice in half or into thinner spirals and serve.
Delicious over pasta or on it’s own!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 439Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 990mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 49g