This Blueberry Crackle Cake is a unique dessert that brings a delicious blueberry pie filling flavor with a sweet brown sugar butter crunch dual layer on top and below the filling. It’s simple to make and oozes with flavor. Crackle cakes have been around for ages, and one bite you’ll see why they’re so good!
The base of this blueberry cake has a nice sweet crunch. It is a blend of crushed soda crackers, brown sugar, flour and coconut. A unique cake base that goes so well together.
A crackle cake kind of reminds me of a dump cake in that it’s so, so easy. You make the base, dump the filling, cover with the rest of the cracker crumble mixture and bake it.
Why You’ll Love Blueberry Crackle Cake
- An easy versatile recipe
- Ready in about 40 minutes
- Incredibly easy instructions
- You only need minimal pantry staple baking ingredients
- Sweet and slightly tart blueberry flavor
Ingredients Needed for the Best Blueberry Crackle Cake
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this cake. Get more info and quantities on these ingredients in the recipe card below at the bottom of this post.
- Soda Crackers
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Shredded Coconut
- Blueberry Pie Filling
How to Make Blueberry Crackle Cake
- Step One: Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Step Two: Add soda crackers, brown sugar, flour and baking soda to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Mix in butter and coconut and stir until well combined.
- Step Three: Press 3/4 of the cracker mixture into a greased 8 inch baking pan. Dump and evenly spread the blueberry pie filling on top of the cracker mixture. Cover the blueberry pie filling with the rest of the cracker mixture.
- Step Four: Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Helpful Equipment Needed
Here are a few pieces of kitchen equipment you’ll need to make this tasty dessert.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Blueberry Crackle Cake
This dessert is great all by itself, but if you’re looking for some other delicious desserts to serve alongside it on a dessert table, here are my top picks:
- Drizzle some homemade Lemon Sauce on top
- Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
- Strawberry Dump Cake
- Blueberry Tea Cake
- Blueberry Bread
- Blueberry Upside Down Cake
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to help make crafting this luscious blueberry dessert even easier!
- I recommend letting your crackle cake cool completely so it has a chance to harden and you get that delicious sweet crunch with every bite.
- When cutting your cake, wipe the knife blade off with a damp paper towel in between slices to get nice clean cuts of your dessert.
- If you want, you can line your baking dish with parchment paper. This makes removing the cake from the baking pan easier. You can remove the whole cake from the dish, or cut the cake into rectangles, like we do with dessert bars and having the lined dish makes it easier to remove. Also, lining the dish makes clean up time a lot easier as well. Just don’t forget to grease the parchment paper like you would have the plain baking dish.
Variations and Substitutions
While this Blueberry Crackle Cake is absolutely incredible just the way we made it originally, sometimes it’s nice to have other options to try the next time you make this cake. The first time you make it, follow the directions, the next time you make this cake, you can try some of these different variations and substitutions for the baking ingredients.
- Lemon or Cherry Pie filling would be great substitutions to use in place of this blueberry pie filling.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream or even ice cream on top.
- Trade out your soda crackers for graham crackers.
- You can make your own pie filling using frozen or fresh blueberries if desired.
- For the cracker crumb layer, you can swap out the soda crackers for some shortbread cookies or even pie crumbs for another sweeter flavor option.
- Add some fresh squeezed lemon juice on top of the cake for a tart addition.
Anytime I whip up this dessert, we never seem to have any leftovers. But, if you have some extra leftovers, here are some helpful storage instructions for you.
Store your leftover Blueberry Cracker Cake in an airtight container or the serving dish wrapped in plastic wrap.
Leftover dessert should be refrigerated for up to 2-3 days. The cracker layer will get soggy the longer it keeps. So, the sooner you can enjoy this homemade cracker cake, the better.
Can I Freeze This Cracker Cake?
Yes, you can freeze this cake. Make sure to let it cool completely before transferring it to a freezer safe container. If possible, I recommend trying to wrap your cake in plastic wrap before putting it in a freezer safe container.
Can I Double This Cake Recipe?
Yes, you can double this recipe to make more. However, instead of doubling and baking it in the 8-inch baking dish, I would recommend doubling the recipe and then putting the second portion in a second 8-inch or 9-inch baking dish.
You don’t want to double this cake recipe in one pan or it won’t turn out correctly.
More Luscious and Delicious Blueberry Recipes
Love blueberries? Maybe it’s when blueberries are in season and you went blueberry picking and are looking for a few extra blueberries that you can use your fresh picked blueberries, or even frozen blueberries in. Here are a handful of my favorite fresh and frozen blueberry recipes for you to try:
- Blueberry Lemon Tart
- Blueberry Buckle
- Peach and Blueberry Pizza
- Blueberry and Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Blueberry Pie Ice Cream
Now you see just how easy and simple it is to make this fantastic Blueberry Crackle Cake! All you have to do is just grab your ingredients and get to baking this delicious fruity dessert.
Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, Facebook at Simply Stacie, TikTok @simplystacierecipes or Pinterest at @simplystacie and let me know how you liked this recipe and my other recipes.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Blueberry Crackle Cake
Cake and crumble combine for this delicious and fruity old-fashioned dessert. Top with some vanilla ice cream!
- 20 soda crackers, crushed
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 (21oz/540ml) can blueberry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add soda crackers, brown sugar, flour and baking soda to a bowl and stir to combine. Mix in butter and coconut.
- Press 3/4 of the cracker mixture into a greased 8 inch baking pan. Spread blueberry pie filling on top. Cover with the remaining cracker mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 388mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
Christina Makri says
I have to try this recipe! Looking so yummy! Thank you for sharing at Sweet Inspiration Link Party 🙂
Kevin B says
Yum – love anything with blueberries
Do you think this should be refrigerated after baking? I’m making it for something tomorrow. just curious.