These Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies are a chocolate and peanut butter lover’s dream-come-true! They’re made with the fudgiest chocolate brownies swirled with a rich peanut butter cheesecake topping.
Some days, cheesecake is my absolute favorite dessert. On other days, it’s brownies. And that’s exactly why I created these peanut butter cheesecake brownies.
This mouthwatering dessert is made with a made-from-scratch chocolate brownie layer topped with peanut butter cheesecake. The cheesecake is swirled into the brownie batter to create a beautiful marbled look with an even better taste.
Why You’ll Love Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- Peanut Butter
Need I say more?! 😉
The full printable recipe card with measurements and instructions is found at the bottom of the post.
- Chocolate Chips – I use semi-sweet chocolate chips so the brownies are not way too rich.
- Butter – I like to use salted butter. If you use unsalted, add just a pinch of salt to the batter.
- Milk – Whatever milk you have on-hand will work.
- Vanilla Extract
- Granulated Sugar – To sweeten, of course!
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder – I recommend a good-quality cocoa powder for the best chocolatey flavor.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips
- Cream Cheese – Use full-fat cream cheese blocks. Lower fat or whipped cream cheese won’t yield the same texture or flavor.
- Granulated Sugar
- All-Purpose Flour
How to Make Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- Step One: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Step Two: Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter in the microwave for one minute. Stir. Pour into a bowl.
- Step Three: Add milk and stir to combine. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Step Four: In another bowl, stir sugar, flour and cocoa powder.
- Step Five: Add to chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Measure out 1/4 cup of mixture and set aside for later.
- Step Six: Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, egg and milk with a mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Step Seven: Melt Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips in the microwave for one minute. Stir together until completely melted. Pour into mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Step Eight: Spread the rest of the chocolate mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Step Nine: Pour peanut butter mixture on top of chocolate mixture in the prepared pan.
- Step Ten: Add dollops of the reserved chocolate mixture on top of the peanut butter mixture in the pan and swirl with a knife.
- Step Eleven: Bake for 38 to 40 minutes or until set. Cool completely before serving.
You probably have all the tools you need for this recipe already in your kitchen!
This post contains affiliate links.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Grease the pan. This makes it so much easier to remove the brownies without them sticking to the bottom of the pan. A light layer of cooking spray will do the trick!
- Bring the cream cheese to room temp. Room temperature cream cheese blends much more easily with the other ingredients for a super smooth and creamy texture.
- Measure the flour carefully. For the most accurate results, spoon the flour into the measuring cup, then level it off gently with your finger. This prevents it from getting too packed in.
- Cool before slicing. Cooler brownies cut much more easily.
- To get super clean cuts, run a sharp knife under warm water, wipe it dry, then slice. Repeat this process between cuts for the best results.
Variations and Substitutions
- Add mix-ins. Add a bit of crunch with a handful of chopped peanuts or mix in your favorite M&Ms, toffee bits, peanut butter chips, etc.
- Make them mocha. Mix a little bit of espresso powder into the brownie batter. It will give a subtle hint of coffee and make the chocolate even more chocolatey.
- Add caramel. Swirl a little bit of caramel drizzle around the brownie batter too.
Because of the cheesecake swirl, these brownies must be stored in the fridge. They will last for up to 4 days.
Can these be frozen?
Yes! To freeze your brownies, let them cool completely, then wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and a freezer bag. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to serve them again, simply thaw them in the fridge first!
What is the Secret to Moist Brownies?
The secret is to not over-bake them! Brownies can quickly go from moist and gooey to dry and crumbly if they bake in the oven for too long.
To avoid this, I recommend watching them carefully as they near the end of their baking time. Once the edges are set and start pulling away from the sides of the pan, they’re good to go.
To verify, insert a toothpick into the center of the brownies, avoiding the cheesecake swirl if possible. If it comes out clean, they’re good to go!
More Chocolate and Peanut Butter Desserts to Try
- Reese’s Stuffed Brownies
- Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes
- Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes with Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut Butter Bars
You’ll also like Salted Caramel Brownies, Cheesecake Squares with Chocolate Nut Crust, Snickers Brownies, Peanut Butter Pie, Chocolate Raspberry Brownies, Cherry Chocolate Brownies, Brownie Mix Cookies, Banana Split Brownies, White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake Bars, or Caramel Bacon Brownies.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup salted butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 package Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 package cream cheese 8oz/250g package, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter in the microwave for one minute. Stir. Pour into a bowl. Add milk and stir to combine. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- In another bowl, stir sugar, flour and cocoa powder. Add to chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Measure out 1/4 cup of mixture and set aside for later. Spread the rest of the chocolate mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, egg and milk with a mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Melt Reese's Peanut Butter Chips in the microwave for one minute. Stir together until completely melted. Pour into mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture on top of chocolate mixture in the prepared pan.
- Add dollops of the reserved chocolate mixture on top of the peanut butter mixture in the pan and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 38 to 40 minutes or until set. Cool completely before serving.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.