Say ‘hello’ to this beef nacho bake! I consider it to be one of the best comfort foods for anytime of the year! This Beef Nacho Bake is exactly what you need to make when you are craving something hearty and filling. It uses common and popular household ingredients that the whole family is sure to love.
I like to use mayonnaise in the sauce to add an extra element of creaminess. You can also add hot salsa if you want a kick of spice. My brood prefers things on the mild side though I personally like things hot!
Beef nacho bake will look very messy on your plate, but it is very tasty! My family gobbled it up in one sitting so there were no leftovers. I bet it would taste yummy the next day especially after all the flavors had a chance to marry together.
Why You’ll Love Beef Nacho Bake
- Ready to eat in 30 minutes
- Easy to find ingredients
- Perfect for taco night when you want to try something different
- Family favorite recipe
- Delicious, cheesy and meaty comfort food full of flavor
The ingredients are very common and that would be in the majority of households. For this recipe, you will need:
- Ground beef– Ground beef will help make this dish more filling. You couldn’t have Beef Nacho Bake without the beef.
- Salsa and corn– Leave out the salsa if you don’t want a lot of spice with the dish but I highly recommend adding it because the flavors melt together great. Even if you use mild salsa, it gives a nice little texture to the overall dish.
- Mayonnaise– You may not have expected this ingredient but it adds a very creamy texture to the sauce.
- Chili powder– You can use more or less depending on how spicy you would like the dish to be.
- Tortilla chips– Crumbling the tortilla chips into small pieces will add a crunch to the overall texture and flavor of the dish.
- Cheddar cheese– I love using cheese for casseroles because cheese will add an extra filling and hearty factor to any dish.
- Cilantro– Cilantro is used for a garnish and is completely optional but I do recommend it especially for presentation.
How to Make Beef Nacho Bake
Making this dish is so easy and doesn’t require any complicated techniques or kitchen tools.
- Step One: Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Step Two: While the oven is preheating, cook the ground beef over medium high heat until browned and no pink remains. Stir in the salsa, corn, mayo, and chili powder.
- Step Three: Once the ground beef is completely cooked, spread half of the meat mixture in a 9×13 casserole dish. Then spread half of the tortilla chips on top followed by half of the cheese. Repeat the layers.
- Step Four: After all the layers are made, bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and top with cilantro, if desired.
I use a lot of my favorite tools with nearly every dish but for this specific dish you will find my favorite tools below:
This post contains affiliate links.
- Casserole dish: I absolutely love casserole recipes so a great casserole dish is a must. It has multiple different purposes and this one is my favorite.
Measuring cups:. A nice set of measuring cups will assure you that the amount of ingredients you are using are correct and will taste delicious.
What to Serve with Beef Nacho Bake
I just feel like garlic bread can complete any meal and cranberries are good all year around and not just during the holidays.
Plus, my garlic bread recipe and my punch are incredibly easy to make and won’t add a lot of time cooking for your quick weeknight dinner.
Substitutions and Variations
Casserole type dishes are so special because they can have many different variations and substitutions. Try out these ideas if you want something a little different:
- Add chicken– Adding chicken along with the beef can make for a different and very delicious taste.
- Serve with sour cream or taco sauce– Adding just a little bit of sour cream or taco with your bowl and then mixing it up will cause a party of different flavors that you are sure to love!
- Use ground turkey instead of beef as a good protein– Although it technically wouldn’t be a beef dish with turkey instead of beef it would make for a wonderful protein choice if you rather stay away from ground beef.
Store any leftover Beef Nacho Bake in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can it be frozen?
Yes, it can be frozen. Simply prepare the dish until it is ready to be baked and then store in a freezer and storage friendly container for up to 3 months. I would recommend making the beef mixture and storing then adding the crushed tortilla chips and cheese when you are ready to bake it.
Easy Dinner Recipes
- Beef Noodle Bake
- Cheesy BBQ Beef Casserole
- Doritos Casserole
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Grandma’s Goulash
- Potato Nachos
- Texas Beef Skillet
Do you have any amazing casserole recipes? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes!
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 cup corn
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups tortilla chips, crumbled into small pieces
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cilantro, for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium high heat until brownies and no pink remains. Stir in salsa, corn, mayonnaise and chili powder.
- Spread half of meat mixture in a 9x13 casserole dish. Spread half of tortilla chips on top followed by half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake 20 minutes. Top with cilantro, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 642Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 1024mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 32g