Chicken Fajita Foil Packets
Chicken Fajita Foil Packets are flavor packed and low carb! This easy grilling recipe is made with tender chicken, peppers and onions seasoned with the yummy tastes of fajitas.
Chicken Fajita Foil Packets
I finally turned on the air conditioning two weeks. To me that means summer has arrived. Though it’s not technically summer yet, we are still getting some summer-like weather. Bring on the sunshine!
I’m in a new relationship as of last year and one thing my partner, Matty, and I have been doing is lots of entertaining. He loves having friends and family over to play games, listen to music and just plain chill out.
I don’t mind because I love entertaining. It means I get to make lots of yummy food for my guests. No one leaves our place hungry if I can help it!
I recently whipped up these Chicken Fajita Foil Packets when a couple friends stopped by around the dinner hour. It was nice out so we sat out in the backyard patio at the picnic table. I quickly prepped everything in the house and then came out to BBQ and chat while the food cooked.
What’s great about this recipe is the minimal ingredients. You need a few peppers, an onion, fajita seasoning mix, lime juice, olive oil and some chicken!
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Matty’s parents recently moved into a senior’s apartment and didn’t have room for their freezer. They thoughtfully gave it to us since I have been wanting a deep freezer for what seems like forever. I made sure to pack that bad boy up with my family’s favorite proteins including loads of Canadian chicken.
How do I know it’s Canadian chicken? Easy. The “Raised by a Canadian Farmer” logo on the packaging tells me. I look for that mark whenever I’m out shopping for chicken and should too!
Why? A few reasons.
- You can know 100% that you are buying the highest quality chicken to feed your family. Canadian chicken farmers must follow mandatory quality care standards like the Animal Care Program and On-Farm Food Safety Program.
- Canadian chicken is grain-free, free of added hormones and steroids and is a healthy protein choice.
- It’s just plain delicious!
How to Make Chicken Fajita Foil Packets
Start by preheating your grill to medium-high.
Add chicken, green peppers, red peppers and onions to a large bowl. I cut them into strips that are traditionally used in fajitas.
To make the marinade, whisk together fajita seasoning mix, olive oil, lime juice and water. pour mixture into chicken bowl and toss to cover.
Cut 6 sheets of aluminum foil about 12 inches long. Place about 2 cups of the veggie/chicken mixture in the center of the foil.
Fold the foil crosswise over the chicken/veggie mixture and roll the bottom to seal. One side should still be open.
Take a tablespoonful of the liquid remaining at the bottom of the veggie/chicken bowl and pour into the packet. Roll up the side to seal fully.
Grill for 20 minutes. No need to flip. Serve hot and enjoy!
Miss the carbs? Serve them inside of a warmed tortilla.
Personally, I like eating my dinner right out of the foil. Plates are optional!
When to Serve Chicken Fajita Foil Packets
Anytime is a good time, in my opinion!
These delicious, flavorful packets of goodness are perfect to serve at parties, BBQs, impromptu gatherings with friends and just because.
Chicken Recipes for the Grill
This is a topic I know something about! Check out these other mouthwatering chicken recipes for the grill.
- Honey Sriracha Chicken
- Chicken Fajita Burgers
- Maple Dijon Grilled Chicken
- Ginger Lime Chicken
- Taco Chicken Burgers
- Grilled Honey Dijon Chicken
What is your favorite backyard entertaining recipe with chicken?
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 green peppers, cut into strips
- 2 red peppers, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, cut into strips
- 1 package Fajita seasoning mix
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Add chicken, green peppers, red peppers and onions to a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together Fajita seasoning mix, olive oil, lime juice and water. Pour mixture into chicken bowl and toss to cover.
- Cut 6 sheets of aluminum foil about 12 inches long. Place about 2 cups of the veggie/chicken mixture in the center of the foil.
- Fold foil crosswise over the chicken/veggie mixture and roll the bottom to seal. You should still have one open side. Take a tbsp of the liquid at the bottom of the veggie/chicken bowl and pour into the packet. Roll up the side to seal fully.
- Grill for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Use a knife to open the packets and not your bare hands or you may get burnt.
- Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil (200 Square Foot Roll)
- New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel 4Pcs Measuring Cups And Spoons Combo Set, Silver
- OXO Good Grips Utility Cutting Board
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 packet
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 216 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 68mg Sodium: 131mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Protein: 26g