Strawberry Cream Pie
Oh Strawberry Cream Pie, how I love thee!
Strawberries are EVERYWHERE in the summer months. You can find them at your local grocery stores (usually on sale), at Farmer’s Markets or even better, pick them yourself! I typically buy mine at the grocery store. I got two cartons the other day for $4. My kids eat strawberries like they are going out of style. I was amazed that I had any left for this recipe.
Well, I did put a note on the package that said, “Don’t touch!”. Thankfully, they listened to me and I was able to make this luscious, dreamy Strawberry Cream Pie. Maybe it should be called Strawberry Dream Pie because it’s like a dream come true.
Strawberry Cream Pie
It’s light, creamy, sweet and is like pure heaven in your mouth. Strawberry lovers will go nuts over this easy pie recipe. Seriously, it’s soooo good.
It’s not entirely no-bake though because you do have to cook the pie crust. I kept things simple and used a frozen pie shell that I could bake at home. I recommend buying the deep dish pie shell so you have more room for that heavenly strawberry filling.
It has both strawberry Jello and vanilla pudding mix as well as loads of Cool Whip to give it that creamy texture. Sliced strawberries are mixed throughout.
It may not be the healthiest dessert, but oh well. Indulge a little!
How to Make Strawberry Cream Pie
It’s very simple to make this summer pie. To start, add the Jello, vanilla pudding mix, water and lemon juice to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until it comes to a boil and then remove from heat. Pour the mixture into a bowl and chill in the fridge until it thickens up. I let mine sit a couple hours.
Once it’s ready, fold in Cool Whip and stir in the sliced strawberries.
Pour the mixture into your prepared pie shell and chill in the fridge until set. I left mine overnight so we could enjoy it the next day.
Garnish with a dollop of Cool Whip and more strawberries if you like!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links.
What are your favourite strawberry recipes?
- 1 4-serving package strawberry Jello
- 1 4-serving package vanilla pudding and pie mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 9″ baked deep dish pie shell, cooled
- Combine Jello, vanilla pudding mix, water and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Pour into a bowl and chill in the fridge until thickened.
- Once chilled and thickened, fold in Cool Whip, blending well. Stir in strawberries.
- Pour into pie shell and chill in the fridge until set. Garnish with strawberries and Cool Whip, if desired.
- Cuisinart 619-14 Chef's Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 1-Quart Saucepan with Cover
- Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set
- New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel 4pcs Measuring Cups and Spoons Combo Set
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 359 Total Fat: 14.6g Saturated Fat: 5.3g Unsaturated Fat: 8.3g Cholesterol: 12.8mg Sodium: 267.9mg Carbohydrates: 54.3g Fiber: 1.3g Sugar: 21.2g Protein: 3.9g