Creamy Salsa Dip is the perfect combination of chunky salsa and creamy lusciousness! It’s ready in just minutes and the best dip for tortilla chips and veggies, too.
This Creamy Salsa Dip can be thrown together in a matter of minutes! It reminds me of the cream cheese layer in my mom’s recipe for Layered Taco Dip. It’s only three ingredients: salsa (obviously), cream cheese and sour creamy. It’s so yummy!
With summer BBQ’s coming up, you’re going to want to have some easy dip recipes under your belt. This one always is a hit at parties with people asking me for the recipe. You’ll make it once and then never forget it!
I’ve been known to eat this for a quick lunch, and it’s great for meal prep! Change it up and make it a dressing on your favorite tacos or dress up your salad with this creamy, zesty homemade sauce.
- Salsa: I usually use a mild salsa for this recipe. You can kick it up with a spicier version, use a green tomatillo salsa, or make your own salsa! I’ve definitely emptied a couple leftover jars of different salsa into the same dip, and it still works great.
- Sour cream: Salsa and sour cream are made for each other. I’ve been mixing the two together at Mexican restaurants since I was a kid!
- Cream cheese: If you want a tangy, creamy addition, cream cheese is your winner. Make sure it’s softened for this appetizer recipe.
You can always add things like jalapeños, cilantro, or cayenne pepper to add a little something extra. This has been one of my party go-tos for years, and I almost never have leftovers. It’s THAT good!
What I Used For This Recipe
This post contains affiliate links.
- Wooden spoon: No kitchen is complete without a trusty wooden spoon. This one has one sharp corner and one rounded edge to scrape the bottom of any pan or bowl.
- Measuring cups: You barely need to measure for this dip recipe! Use equal parts of all 3 ingredients and you’re set.
- Mixing bowls: You can leave this creamy salsa dip in the mixing bowl or use a serving bowl for parties.
How To Make It
- There’s only one step to this recipe: mix everything together and chill until it’s time to eat!
You can easily double or triple this recipe, or just cut it in half for a quick afternoon snack. Serve it with your favorite dippers. I like to keep all the ratios even, but if you want extra flavor, add a little more salsa.
Salsa Dip Variations
I like to keep my recipes simple when I can, but there are a million ways to dress up this creamy salsa dip for your next tailgate party!
Use mild, medium, or hot salsa, depending on your preferences. The cream and cheese will tamp down the spice level some naturally.
You can also add other spices like taco seasoning, chili powder, or paprika.
If you want a smoother dip, blend it! I like the tomato, chile, and onion chunks, but you can make it into a sauce thanks to a powerful blender.
How to Store Leftovers
Unlike regular salsa, this recipe is made with dairy and should be refrigerated after 2 hours.
You can keep this safely stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week. Give it a good stir before serving again to make sure everything is incorporated.
What To Serve With This
Serve it with fresh veggies or tortilla chips. It’s truly the perfect creamy dip recipe.
Everyone loves a good cheese ball at a party, and these mini cheese balls are perfectly keto, too! Trust me, you won’t miss the carbs. These delicious balls of goodness are filling.
No one said only one dip was allowed at the table! I love this pizza dip because it’s a hit with kids and adults alike. Layers of cream cheese, pizza sauce, melty mozzarella cheese and your favorite pizza toppings make this easy appetizer a surefire hit.
Wonton wrappers are so easy to make a basic filling look fancy with almost no work. Keep the Mexican-inspired theme with these chicken fajita wonton cups!
Change it up this Taco Tuesday with these vegetarian open-faced tacos. Spoon this creamy salsa dip over the top for a whole new world of flavors!
More Appetizer Recipes You’ll Love
- Lemon Dill Dip
- Cinnamon Cream Cheese Dip
- Cilantro Lime Avocado Yogurt Dip
- Crockpot White Chili Chicken Dip
- Homemade Salsa
Do you have any amazing dip recipes? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes!
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and stir together. Serve with tortilla chips or fresh veggies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g