Mmmm s’mores. The ridiculously easy summer time dessert. Since I don’t camp very often, I make my s’mores at home in the oven. Though it’s not the traditional way, the result is still amazing.
Fresh strawberries are plentiful this time of year and I had a bunch in my fridge. I added a few sliced strawberries to my most recent batch of s’mores. OMG! You have to try it!
Everything else is pretty much the same. You still have your melted chocolate and marshmallow sandwiched between two crispy graham crackers. The strawberries are fresh and not baked with the s’mores. I’ve made oven dried strawberries before and though they are tasty, I wanted to keep the strawberries juicy and vibrant.
This post contains affiliate links.
For the chocolate, I used AERO chocolate bars. Use whatever chocolate you have at home. I love AERO bars because it melts so luscious and creamy.
Easy right? Don’t let the fact that you aren’t going camping stop you from making a batch. As you can see, it’s super simple to do at home.
What do you put in your s’mores?
- 6 graham crackers, halved
- 3 to 4 strawberries, sliced
- 6 regular sized marshmallows
- 2 to 3 chocolate bars, broken up into squares
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place six graham crackers on a baking sheet. Top each cracker with a marshmallow. Bake for about 7 minutes or until just starting to melt and brown.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and top with a square of chocolate. Put back in the oven for about two minutes or until chocolate is softened and starting to melt.
- Remove from oven and place 3 sliced strawberries on each and top with the rest of the graham crackers. Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g