I went a little crazy the other week buying Jello. It was on sale and I had a couple coupons and couldn’t pass up the opportunity. With all my bargain Jello, I needed to come up with some ways to use it. I could make regular ol’ Jello which I will probably end up doing when John goes in for his dental surgery and can’t eat solid food. But I was thinking that is a bit blah. I settled on making mousse! I added a whole package of cream cheese to make it super creamy and oh so special. Not light on calories, but it’s worth every bite!
It’s also NO-BAKE – the best kind of dessert ever. Who wants to turn the oven on in this heat? Not this girl.
Hold yourself back from eating it right out of the bowl. Trust me, you’ll want it to sit for a couple hours in the fridge so it gets that light, fluffy texture. It’s even better then!
I topped ours off with fresh blackberries, but you could leave off the berries or add a dollop of Cool Whip on top. Or live on the wild side and add berries AND Cool Whip. There ya go!
Three ingredients (Jello, cream cheese + Cool Whip) or four, if you count water and no-bake. That, my friends, is a winner, in my books!
You might also like my Cherry Mousse and Strawberry Mousse.
Would you make your mousse with lemon Jello or would you try another flavour? I’m thinking strawberry would also be yummy.
- 1 package (4 serving size) lemon Jello
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- berries, for garnish
- Add lemon Jello to a bowl and pour in the boiling water. Stir until Jello is completely dissolved.
- Pour Jello mixture into a blender. Add in cream cheese and cold water and blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl and add in Cool Whip. Mix together until well blended and smooth.
- Spoon into four to six dessert dishes (depends on how full you want them). Place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with berries or Cool Whip.
Nutrition Information: Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245 Total Fat: 16.5g Saturated Fat: 9.3g Unsaturated Fat: 4.6g Cholesterol: 49.7mg Sodium: 529.2mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 0.8g Sugar: 6.6g Protein: 2.7g
You Will Also Love
If you enjoyed this mousse recipe, you will also enjoy these posts!