French Vanilla Cream Bars
Who knew cake mix was so versatile? I’ve been using up the boxes of cake mix in my pantry and have another easy cake mix hack to share today. I’ve previously posted two cake mix recipes: Caramel Apple Dump Cake and White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies.
I wanted to make something with cream cheese and thought a cream bar might be a good one to try. I’ve seen them made with lemon cake mix, but not French vanilla. The crust is the French vanilla cake mix that tastes more like a cookie than a cake. It has a creamy, sweet filling and then topped with more French vanilla cookie bits. Next time, I may double the cream cheese mixture to make it thicker and more like a cheesecake bar.
These bars are melt in your mouth yummy! The whole family enjoyed them and then John even asked me to make them again. I ran out of French vanilla cake mix so I’ll have to use another flavour. I think it would work with whatever cake mix you have in your pantry.
It’s such an easy to dessert to make and I have no doubt that I’ll be making more of this recipe for my family to enjoy.
What recipes have you tried with cake mix?
- 1 box French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, one egg and the oil until a crumbly consistency. Set aside 1 cup of the crumb mixture for later.
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan and pat the crumb mixture into the pan. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg to a bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.Spread cream cheese mixture evenly in the baking pan over the crust.
- Sprinkle the 1 cup of crumb mixture on top of the cream cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until topping is golden.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Before cutting into bars, sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 260mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 0gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g