I’m not sure if this recipe for Slow Cooker Ham & Potato Hash is a breakfast recipe or dinner recipe. I think it could be both! It’s a tasty way to use up leftover ham and doesn’t require much in terms of prep work. Plus, it’s a slow cooker recipe and it’s that time of year again. I also like that it doesn’t require a full day of cooking time. You could put it on at lunch and it would be ready to serve at dinner time.
There is never any leftovers when I make this recipe. Creamy potatoes, salty ham and a bit of veggies makes this comfort food a winner in my books.
What are some ways you use up leftover ham?
Slow Cooker Ham & Potato Hash
Creamy potatoes, salty ham and veggies make a winning recipe my family loves!
- 1 bag of frozen hash browns
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 cups cooked ham
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic pepper
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Microwave the frozen hash browns on high for 4 minutes to partially thaw. Or else let them sit on the counter for a few hours before you are ready to use them.
- Combine the hash browns, green pepper and ham in a slow cooker and stir to mix.
- Blend the cream cheese and milk together and then heat in a microwave for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth when whisked. Add the mustard, green onions (make sure to save some for your garnish though), and spices and stir to blend.
- Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over hashbrown mixture. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 to 6 hours or until the potatoes are tender. Carefully stir. Garnish with the remaining green onions and serve hot.