You really can’t go wrong with pasta salad. As long as the noodles are cooked, it’s pretty much a foolproof recipe to make. It’s fast to make, versatile and inexpensive. You can make a delicious pasta salad with canned foods, leftover meat, fresh garden veggies, herbs, spices, dressings, etc. You get the picture. This particular pasta salad that I’m sharing today is made with peas, corn, bacon mixed with garlic, lemon and butter. I love using bow tie pasta because it looks so nice in a bowl!
If you wish, use canned peas or corn in place of the frozen. Bear in mind though that the canned peas will be mushier than their frozen counterparts.
Bring this Easy Bacon Pea Pasta Salad to your next family gathering or barbecue. It would also make a nice side for a picnic!
Are you a fan of pasta salads?
- 1½ cups bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a medium pot on the stove. Add corn and peas and cook for 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Cook pasta and drain into the same colander as the corn and peas. Set aside.
- Zest and squeeze juice from lemon into a large bowl. Add in garlic, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add pasta, corn and peas to the bowl. Then add in butter and bacon and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 522Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 1660mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 26g