White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Treats are an easy and decadent no-bake treat made with chocolate and peanut butter Cheerios, marshmallows, peanut butter and white chocolate chips.
I’m a peanut butter fan and love the sweet and nutty flavour of every bite. It’s a delicious way to start your mornings! Both my girls are fans too.
I reserved four cups of the cereal for a dessert recipe I wanted to try: White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Treats. Think crunchy Peanut Butter Cereal mixed with melted marshmallows and rich White Chocolate Peanut Butter (or use regular peanut butter if you don’t have that variety) and then topped with sweet white chocolate chips. It’s perfection in a pan.
I had to force myself not to overeat these addicting treats. They were gooey, sticky and full of peanut butter and a hint of white chocolate.
Why You’ll Love These White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Treats
- Talk about easy! You only need 5 ingredients
- I love no-bake desserts like this one, especially when I don’t have to turn the oven on
- Only takes 20 minutes to make the dish (then just have to wait for it to chill in the refrigerator, that’s the hardest part)
- Super addicting andhard to not eat more than just one
- Reminds me of a childhood classic Rice Krispie treat
Get more info on these simple ingredients in the recipe card below!
- Salted butter
- Regular size marshmallows
- Peanut Butter or Chocolate Cheerios
- Smooth peanut butter
- White chocolate chips
How to Make The Best White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerio Treats
- Step 1: Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and set it aside.
- Step 2: In a large pot, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir constantly until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Step 3: Stir in peanut butter and Cheerios until completely combined.
- Step 4: Press the mixture into the baking pan using a piece of wax paper. Cool in the fridge for a few hours. Cut into squares.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Treats
You can serve these treats with any other treats or desserts and have the perfect dessert table or treat bar. Here are some other favorite dessert recipes to serve alongside these goodies:
- Peanut Butter Pie
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- White Chocolate Cherry Banana Bread
- White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Use a sharp knife when cutting your treats. I also suggest wiping your knife in between each cut so you’re not trying to drag a knife with even more debris through these treats. Also, running this sharp knife under warm or hot water before you try cutting each slice is also helpful for many people.
- Use fresh ingredients, not stale ones, especially for the marshmallows and Cheerios.
- You can line your baking dish with parchment paper to help make getting the treats out easier. This is also a great trick to help make cleaning the baking pan a breeze.
- While using the parchment paper to press these treats into the pan is very helpful, if you find it easier, you can wet your fingertips and press the mixture into the pan. Rinse your fingers every few presses to not get it stuck to your fingers.
- Don’t skip the chilling time in the fridge, trust me, I know it’s tempting, but chilling the treats helps make cutting them easier too.
Variations and Substitutions
- I like using the regular size marshmallows, but you can try this recipe with the jumbo marshmallows, or even the mini ones, you just may need more of the minis than you do the regular-sized ones, and less of the jumbos.
- I think this recipe works well with creamy peanut butter, but if you want to give the crunchy kind a whirl, go for it, you’ll just be adding another texture to this treat flavor and texture profile.
- Add some peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, or even semi-sweet chocolate chips to add another layer of flavor to these treat bars.
- Add a sprinkle of sea salt to really enhance the flavor while these treats are still in the baking dish.
- Drizzle on some more melted white chocolate chips to the top of these bars.
Store your Cheerios Treats in an airtight container on the counter at room temperature for up to 3 days. Use some parchment paper in between the layers of treats in your containers since they’re so sticky.
Can I Freeze These Treats?
You bet, you can freeze these bad boys! Once they’ve cooled down and you’ve cut them into individual pieces, wrap each treat in plastic wrap before placing them all in a freezer-safe container or plastic bag and placing it in the freezer. You can freeze these treats for up to 3 months.
Can You Make This in Advance?
Sure thing! I love no-bake desserts for this reason! You can make them ahead of time and don’t have to worry about them later, especially helpful if you’re making them for a party, get together, or potluck when you have other things to worry about.
When possible, I like to make this recipe a few hours (especially so they can chill) to a day in advance so they’re ready and chilled when we’re ready for them!.
Other No Bake Desserts
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Haystacks
- No-Bake Butterscotch Cookies
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- Fiddle Diddles No Bake Treats
- White Chocolate Pudding
- Peanut Butter Cheerio Balls
Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, Facebook at Simply Stacie, TikTok @simplystacierecipes or Pinterest at @simplystacie and let me know how you liked this recipe and my other recipes.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Treats
An easy and decadent no-bake treat made with chocolate and peanut butter Cheerios, marshmallows, peanut butter and white chocolate chips.
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 40 regular size marshmallows
- 4 cups Peanut Butter or Chocolate Cheerios
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir constantly until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter and Cheerios until completely combined.
- Press mixture into the baking pan using a piece of wax paper. Cool in the fridge for a few hours. Cut into squares.
Any flavor of Cheerios will be fine.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 698Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 518mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 6gSugar: 23gProtein: 22g
Lindsay Ball says
I would make the Cheerios square recipe for sure!!
kathy downey says
these sure look like delightful little treats the kids would enjoy
Jo Ann Crawford says
LIKE 4 U 2 post recipes on my f b. THANKS
Jo Ann Crawford says
I have made these b4..Delicious it is. I give this 100%.
Sherry Compton says
Peanut butter and white chocolate…yes please. What a fun treat! I didn’t even know they had peanut butter cheerios.