This dairy-free no-churn ice cream is super creamy, refreshing and sweet. Pineapple Ice Cream is the perfect summer frozen dessert that’s easy, fuss-free with only 3 ingredients.
Nothing beats a big bowl of creamy ice cream on a hot summer day. This no-churn pineapple ice cream is refreshing and super simple to make. It’s also healthy with no added sugar!
With only three ingredients, this delicious ice cream recipe will soon become a favorite. If you like Disney’s Dole Whip, you need to try this easy recipe.
I love its smooth and creamy texture with the perfect amount of sweetness. It’s also made with coconut milk so good for people who can’t have dairy. And you won’t even realize it is dairy-free!
Why You’ll Love This Pineapple Ice Cream Recipe
- Made with fresh pineapple that’s been chopped and frozen
- No ice cream maker is requiredDairy-free and vegan
- Sweetened naturally with pineapple and maple syrupGreat way to use up an abundance of ripe
- Bring a taste of the tropics to your kitchen
- Simple ingredients that you can easily find at the grocery store
- Smooth texture that goes down so good on a hot day
This post contains affiliate links.
- Pineapple – Chopped up and frozen
- Coconut milk – You can also use whole milk if you like.
- Maple syrup – I like Maple Lifestyle maple syrup.
- Freshly chopped pineapple – For topping.
How to Make Homemade Pineapple Ice Cream Recipe
The full printable recipe card with ingredients and instructions is found at the bottom of this post.
- Step One: Add all ingredients (except topping) to a high speed blender or food processor. Blend for about 60 seconds.
- Step Two: Use the tamper that comes with the blender to scrape the sides. Then blend for another 30 to 60 seconds until everything is blended and creamy.
- Step Three: Pour or scrape into a loaf pan and allow to freeze for 4 to 5 hours in the freezer.
- Step Four: Allow to thaw for a few minutes. Run an ice cream scoop under hot water and scoop into the ice cream to serve in a bowl.
- Step Five: Top with freshly chopped pineapple, if desired.
What to Serve with Pineapple Ice Cream
Love that pineapple flavor? Serve these recipes with your homemade ice cream.
- Grilled pineapple
- Pineapple pie
- Pineapple cake
- Pineapple upside down cupcakes
- Cherry pineapple dump cake
Variations and Substitutions
- Try whole milk or heavy cream (if you don’t mind dairy) or another type of dairy-free milk in place of the coconut milk.
- Substitute brown sugar, corn syrup, honey or agave syrup instead of maple syrup.
- You can buy frozen chopped pineapple from the grocery or freeze fresh pineapple that you have at home. It must be frozen though for this recipe. You could also try canned pineapple chunks or crushed pineapple. Drain the can and then freeze the pineapple before using.
Store leftover pineapple ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Coconut flakes
- Toasted coconut
- Maraschino cherries
- Whipped cream
- Chunks of pineapple
- Extra maple syrup
- Caramel sauce
- Toasted almonds
Do NOT thaw ice cream in the microwave. It will melt in some spots and stay frozen in other spots.
To thaw, leave the ice cream out of the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how soft you like your ice cream.
Running the ice cream scoop under hot water before scooping the ice cream will make it much easier to scoop and result in more visually appealing scoops.
Use the coconut milk that comes in the can.
Can I Use a Different Milk Other Than Coconut Milk?
Definitely! I like coconut milk because it gives a more tropical vibe when paired with the pineapple. I also like how creamy it is. You could try other milks instead though like almond milk, whole milk, heavy cream, etc.
Do I Have to Use Frozen Pineapple or Can I Use Fresh?
This recipe requires frozen pineapple. If all you have is fresh, chop and freeze the pineapple you have and then make the ice cream.
How Do You Make Ice Cream with Frozen Fruit?
Add the frozen fruit to a blender with some milk and a sweetener of some kind like sugar, maple syrup or honey.
How Do I Know When This Ice Cream is Ready to Serve?
Make sure the ice cream is frozen to the point that it’s slightly difficult to put a spoon in it. Then thaw at room temperature long enough to scoop it out with an ice cream scoop after the scoop has been run under hot water.
Should This Ice Cream Be Bitter?
No. This pineapple ice cream should be sweet and creamy with a slight tang! Love that pineapple flavor.
Ice Cream Recipes
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- Maple Walnut Ice Cream
- Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream
You’ll also like these Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes.
Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, Facebook at Simply Stacie, TikTok @simplystacierecipes or Pinterest at @simplystacie and let me know how you liked this recipe and my other recipes.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Pineapple Ice Cream
- 4 cups pineapple chopped and frozen
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chopped
- Add all ingredients (except topping) to a high speed blender or food processor. Blend for about 60 seconds.
- Use the tamper that comes with the blender to scrape the sides. Then blend for another 30 to 60 seconds until everything is blended and creamy.
- Pour or scrape into a loaf pan and allow to freeze for 4 to 5 hours in the freezer.
- Allow to thaw for a few minutes. Run an ice cream scoop under hot water and scoop into the ice cream to serve in a bowl.
- Top with freshly chopped pineapple, if desired.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Leave a Reply