If you are a fan of cinnamon rolls, you are going to love this easy Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake recipe! Creamy cheesecake with layers of cinnamon crumble filling on top of a graham cracker crust and finished off with a sweet glaze.
I’ve made this recipe several times recently and it’s quickly become a family favorite. Once you try it, you’ll see why. It’s super decadent and each bite is a little bit of cheesecake heaven.
I made extra to bring some slices to a few friends. They raved about how wonderful it was. It’s a keeper for your recipe box.
I’m a huge fan of homemade cheesecake. It’s been one of my favorite desserts since I had my first slice back in 1988 at my aunt’s wedding rehearsal party. And cinnamon roll cheesecake? To die for! It combines two of my favourite desserts into one.
To make this cinnamon cheesecake, you’ll need the following ingredients.
You can find the full printable recipe card with proportions and directions at the bottom of the post.
- Graham cracker crumbs – You can buy the crumbs or crush graham crackers with a rolling pin or in a food processor.
- Salted butter – Melt in the microwave at 15 second increments.
Cinnamon Filling Layer
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Salted butter
Cheesecake Filling Layer
- Cream cheese – I use regular cream cheese and not the “light” version. You’ll want to make sure it’s softened before you use in this recipe.
- Vanilla extract – Artificial or pure vanilla extract works. You can make your own homemade vanilla extract, too!
- Powdered sugar – We call this “icing sugar” in Canada.
- Milk – I used 2% milk.
How to Make
Step One: Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
Step Two: Add graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar to a medium bowl and stir to combine. Press mixture into the bottom of the greased springform pan.
Step Three: In a small bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, butter, pecans, cinnamon and sugar.
Step Four: Add cream cheese, vanilla and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Beat with a mixer on low speed until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition.
Step Five: Pour 2 cups of the cheesecake filling over the crust in the springform pan.
Step Six: Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon layer topping.
Step Seven: Pour on top half of the remaining cheesecake filling.
Step Eight: Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon layer topping on top.
Step Nine: Pour on remaining cheesecake filling and smooth over with a spoon.
Step 10: Place springform pan on top of a baking sheet. Bake for 65 minutes until the center of the cheesecake is almost set. Cool completely at room temperature and the chill in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
Step 11: In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and powdered sugar. Spread on top of cheesecake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Essential Kitchen Tools
These helpful kitchen essentials will make preparing this recipe a breeze!
This post contains affiliate links.
- 9-inch springform pan – I love using springform pans for cheesecake because they make cutting it into slices so easy. Every piece comes out perfectly!
- Mixing bowls
How to Store
Cover and refrigerate any uneaten portions of cheesecake and eat within three days for optimal taste.
Yes, you can freeze cheesecake for up to one month. You can either freeze the whole cheesecake or cut it into slices.
Matty’s son froze the cheesecake slices I gave him and said they tasted delicious. Thaw in the fridge or at room temperature before serving.
Cream cheese can get pricey so you don’t want any of this glorious dessert to go to waste!
- For the bottom layer, use Oreo crumbs instead of graham cracker crumbs for a chocolatey twist.
- For the cinnamon layer, you could substitute the white sugar for brown sugar for a richer, deeper flavor.
- Not a fan of pecans or nuts in general? Leave them out or substitute another nut like chopped walnuts.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract to the glaze to give it a more vanilla taste.
- Make sure your cream cheese is nice and soft before using in the recipe. I leave mine sit out a few hours at room temperature to soften up. If you forget to do that (I’ve done that many times!), you can microwave it for 15 seconds and it should be good to go.
- Don’t skip the cooling and chill time. I know, it’s tough because you want to just dig in right away. However, if you cut into the cheesecake too soon, the slice will not hold up and will be messy.
- Make the cheesecake the night before to enjoy the next day. This way it has a chance to set properly and will slice up beautifully.
- I don’t use waterbath for this recipe as I don’t mind the cracks. I think it gives it character (haha!). However, you can use one if you wish. You may need to slightly increase baking time by 10 minutes or so.
- To make a thicker glaze, increase the amount of powdered sugar or decrease the amount of milk used until you reach your desired consistency.
I’ve got lots of decadent cheesecakes in my recipe index!
- Brownie Bottom Cheesecake – this recipe is super popular with readers!
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- Eggnog Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Butterscotch Cheesecake Bars
- Maple Syrup Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls
- Cheesecake Squares with Chocolate Nut Crust
- Black Forest Cheesecake
- Twix Cheesecake
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 (8oz/250g) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Add graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar to a medium bowl and stir to combine. Press mixture into the bottom of the greased springform pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, butter, pecans, cinnamon and sugar.
- Add cream cheese, vanilla and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Beat with a mixer on low speed until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition.
- Pour 2 cups of the cheesecake filling over the crust in the springform pan. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon layer topping.
- Pour on top half of the remaining cheesecake filling. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon layer topping on top.
- Pour on remaining cheesecake filling and smooth over with a spoon. Place springform pan on top of a baking sheet.
- Bake for 65 minutes until the center of the cheesecake is almost set. Cool completely at room temperature and the chill in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and powdered sugar. Spread on top of cheesecake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from Kraft Heinz MyFoodandFamily.com
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Meal Planning Binder
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
KitchenAid KHM7210CU 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and Pro Whisk - Contour Silver
Hiware 9 Inch Non-stick Cheesecake Pan Springform Pan with Removable Bottom/Leakproof Cake Pan Bakeware with Cleaning Cloth
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 213mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 1gSugar: 52gProtein: 5g