This Brownie Bottom Cheesecake is so easy to make that you’ll feel like you are cheating! Enjoy the rich chocolate brownie bottom layer topped with a creamy and sweet cheesecake filling. Use a brownie mix to save on time!
Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
This luscious recipe combines two of my favorite desserts: brownies and cheesecake. Together, they are a match made in heaven.
With only five ingredients, you’ll have this dessert whipped up for your family to enjoy in no time at all.
I’m a huge sucker for cheesecake anything. I’ll eat it any way you give it to me…within reason, of course. Brownies and cheesecake are like PB and jam. Yummy on their own, but absolute perfection together.
I made this cheesecake for my family and it didn’t even last an hour! I swear the guys just devoured it before I could even snag a piece. I did, don’t you worry, but I had to hide it in the fridge under some paper towel.
Brownie Bottom Cheesecake Ingredients
You’ll only need FIVE ingredients to whip up this beauty.
- Brownie mix
- Cream cheese
I used Betty Crocker Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix in this recipe. I love the chocolate bits spread throughout for an extra decadent delight.
How to Make Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
Start by mixing the brownies from the package according to the directions on the box. You’ll likely need an egg, oil and water. Spread the brownie mixture on the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan that you’ve greased with cooking spray.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350F. I recommend placing the springform pan on top of a baking sheet just incase anything leaks.
At the 30 minute mark, your brownies should be cooked thoroughly and set in the pan. You can use a tester and it should come with just a few dry crumbs attached to it for the perfect brownie consistency.
It’s important to note that the brownie will not cook any longer once the cream cheese mixture is added to it. Bake the brownies as if you’d be baking them and eating them by itself.
The bake time may change depending on the brownie mix you choose. Check the box directions and see what it says to bake with a 9×9 pan and use that time. Most boxes are around 30 minutes.
Add the cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla to a large bowl. Beat together until smooth.
Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the baked brownie mixture. The brownie does not need to cool before adding the cheesecake mixture.
Reduce the heat to 325F and bake for another 50 minutes. The cheesecake should be set and starting to become golden on the edges. It will be jiggly in the pan.
Remove from the oven and let cool completely before releasing the springform pan. I let mine cool a few hours.
Drizzle with some chocolate ice cream sundae sauce or whipped cream, if you wish!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
These kitchen tools will help you prepare this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
Can You Freeze Cheesecake
Yes, you can! Wrap it in either foil or plastic wrap first and keep it for up to 6 weeks in the freezer. Thaw before you serve.
Freezing cheesecake is a great way to always have dessert on hand if you have visitors or get a craving for sweets.
We love our cheesecake! Check out these other sweet recipes:
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake – Creamy cheesecake filling is topped by a sweet layer of caramel pecans. This easy dessert recipe is one for the record books!
- Cappuccino Cheesecake – Rich creamy cappuccino flavoured cheesecake filling is nestled on top of a chocolate Oreo crumb crust.
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies – A rich fudgy brownie layer is topped by a smooth peanut butter cheesecake filling. This dessert tastes out of this world!
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake – Ultra smooth, creamy and perfectly rich, this cheesecake will quickly become a family favourite!
- Saint Lucian Chocolate Cheesecake – This might be the best cheesecake you’ve ever tried! It’s mind-blowing, perfect and just the right amount of sweetness.
Have you ever made a Brownie Bottom Cheesecake?
Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
- 1 box brownie mix 440g/15.25oz box
- 2 packages cream cheese 250g/8oz packages, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix brownies from package according to package directions. Spread mixture on the bottom of a 9-inch greased springform pan.
- Bake the brownie mixture for 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Add cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla to a large bowl. Beat together until smooth. Spread on top of baked brownie mixture.
- Reduce heat to 325°F. Bake for 50 minutes or until the cheesecake is set and jiggly.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan. Serve with chocolate sauce, if desired.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.