The easiest stuffed burgers you’ll ever make! Tender, juicy and flavorful beef patties are stuffed with cheddar cheese, mushrooms and onions.
Easy Stuffed Burgers
I haven’t made many stuffed burgers in the past because I’m a lazy cook. I like easy recipes and many of the stuffed burger recipes I found just seemed like too much effort.
I know that homemade burgers are so much better than store-bought. We recently had a box of frozen burgers that tasted like cardboard…I’m not even joking. Even the store-bought stuffed burgers are meh.
This post contains affiliate links. House of BBQ Experts sent me products to help me out with writing this post. All opinions are my own.
I didn’t realize how easy it was to make stuffed burgers when you have the right tools. I see many homemade stuffed burgers in our future now that I’m all set up with the Perfect Burger Kit!
Meet The Stuffer a.k.a. THE perfect tool you need to make delicious stuffed burgers every time. I will never stuff a burger by hand again after using it. It’s seriously so easy and quick to whip up burgers.
The House of BBQ Experts Stuffer was designed for burger lovers, like me and you, who love to eat burgers and experiment in the kitchen. It holds up to 3/4 pounds of ground beef per burger so you can create a hearty burger each time.
Coupon code: Save 10% on your purchase from House of BBQ Experts with the coupon code: burgerkit
How to Use
It’s super simple!
- Choose the base (regular size or extra large) depending on how big you like your burgers. I selected regular size and the burgers were still huge! Regular size holds 1/2 pound meat while extra large holds 3/4 pound.
- Fill the meat in the press about 3/4 of the way full.
- Press the meat down using the small end of the lid. This will create a space for your fillings to go into.
- Fill the space with your toppings. I used mushrooms, onions and cheese in my burgers.
- Add some more meat on top of the fillings and, using the other end of The Stuffer, press down to seal your burger.
They come out perfectly round and ready to go on the BBQ!
Burger Stuffing Ideas
The sky is the limit when it comes to burger fillings!
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Sautéed onions
- Grated cheese
- Macaroni and cheese
- Cream cheese
- Feta cheese
- Blue cheese
- Ham and Swiss cheese
My Stuffed Burger recipe makes 5 1/2 pound burgers. You’ll need these ingredients:
- Lean ground beef
- BBQ seasoning (Use House of BBQ Experts Montreal Spice Mix and Rub to really enhance the flavor)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
These ingredients are my recommendations to make the BEST burger.
- Cooked sliced bacon
- Iceberg lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Ketchup (We love House of BBQ Experts Ketchot sauce for a smoky BBQ kick)
- Leftover cooked onions and mushrooms that you didn’t use in the filling
How to Make
Add the extra virgin olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onions. Cook, stirring often, for about 10 to 15 minutes. You’ll want the onions to be nice and soft and just starting to caramelize.
Season the mushrooms and onions with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
Preparing the Meat
In a large bowl, add ground beef and BBQ seasoning. Mix together. I find using clean hands works the best to combine everything.
Stuffing the Burgers
Use The Stuffer to create your stuffed burgers.
Choose the regular size base (1/2 pound) at the bottom of the press. Fill the press about 3/4 full with the beef. Press the meat with the small end of the press to make an indent for the fillings. Fill with cooked mushrooms, onions and cheese. Place more ground beef on top of the filling. Use the other end of the Stuffer to press and seal the meat.
Grilling the Burgers
Heat an oiled grill to medium heat. Add burgers. Grill for 6 minutes on each side. Top with your favourite toppings to serve.
Enjoy these delicious juicy and filling burgers! I swear these are one of the best burgers I’ve ever made and my fiancé agrees, too!
Delicious Sides to Include with Your Meal
- Macaroni Dill Salad
- Cheese Potato Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Parmesan Thyme Roasted Potatoes
- Smashed Potatoes with Lemon, Garlic and Feta
Are you ready to create the perfect stuffed burger?
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp BBQ seasoning (I love House of BBQ Experts Montreal spice mix and rub)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooked sliced bacon
- Sliced tomatoes
- Ketchup (try House of BBQ Experts Ketchot sauce - so good!)
- Add extra virgin olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions. Cook, stirring often, for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until onions are softened and starting to caramelize. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef and BBQ seasoning. Mix together. I find using clean hands works the best to combine everything.
How to Stuff Burgers with The Stuffer from House of BBQ Experts
- Using a Burger Press, create your stuffed burgers. I recommend getting The Stuffer from House of BBQ Experts.
- Choose the regular size base (1/2 lb) at the bottom of the press.
- Fill the press about 3/4 full with the beef.
- Press the meat with the small end of the press to make an indent for the fillings.
- Fill with cooked mushrooms, onions and cheese.
- Place more ground beef on top of the filling. Use the other end of the Stuffer to press and seal the meat.
How to Grill
Heat an oiled grill to medium heat. Add burgers. Grill for 6 minutes on each side.
Top your burgers with your favorite toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 642Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 193mgSodium: 708mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 62g