Spring is in the air and no sweetener seems springier than honey!
Honey not only adds its own distinct and delicious flavor to your drink but it also packs in a healthy punch too.
Honey contains numerous antioxidants and if sourced locally can even help in fighting seasonal allergies.
Today we will be using unsweetened vanilla almond milk as the base of our latte. If you are not keen on experimenting with new milks feel free to use your preference but I highly recommend you give this version a shot (or two)…you’ll BEE glad you did!
Almond milk gives its own subtle flavor and sweetness to a drink and also brings its own handful of health benefits to the table! If you do not have an espresso maker, you can substitute ½ a cup of strong brewed coffee.
Since we are serving this latte iced, you won’t need to worry about steaming any milk! The addition of homemade whipped cream really makes this drink the best…dare I say The bee’s knees of iced lattes.
Don’t get me wrong, I am no snob to a good ol’ can of ready whip but it only takes a few minutes to whip up a small batch from scratch. The unsweetened creaminess takes this drink to the next level!
So, why not start this season off on the right foot by making this delicious and nutritious iced latte?!
Chiara Carroll is the chief recipe creator at Roasty Coffee. When she’s not creating caffeinated concoctions, she’s spending time with her amazing husband and kids in their home state of Virginia.
- 2 tablespoons honey (feel free to add more or less depending on your sweet tooth)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Double shot espresso
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream (optional)
- Pull your double shot of espresso.
- Add in your honey and stir until melted.
- Fill a cup up with ice and then pour your espresso shots over the ice, add your milk and stir!
To make the homemade whipped cream
- Pour ¼ cup heavy whipping cream into a bowl and beat with a stand mixer or hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Dollop on top and drizzle with honey!
You can also use sweetened vanilla almond milk if you prefer a little more sweetness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 3g