Strawberry Sauce is a sinfully scrumptious summer ice cream sauce made with fresh strawberries! Only 3 ingredients and ready in 5 minutes!
It’s strawberry season! Yesterday, I saw a post on Facebook that strawberry picking is now open at a local farm. You could go in and pick your own or buy a pre-picked basket. I think they were selling them for $4/pint.
Fresh strawberries are SO GOOD! Nothing beats local summer strawberries. I miss eating them in the winter when all the strawberries are imported from other countries. You can taste how fresh they are with each scrumptious bite.
With all these plentiful strawberries, I needed some yummy recipes to use them up. I made this delicious Strawberry Sauce that is so good that you’ll want to eat it right from the jar. And you can, but there is so many other ways you can use it. Hello, ice cream sundaes!
I like that it’s not over-the-top sweet. The sugar does not overpower the flavor of the strawberries.
Strawberry Sauce Ingredients
You’ll only need three ingredients to whip up this recipe.
- Fresh strawberries with their stems removed
- Powdered sugar (we call it “icing sugar” in Canada)
The addition of butter adds a lovely richness to the recipe.
How to Make Strawberry Sauce
The first step is to cream the butter with an electric mixer. Gradually add in the powdered sugar and beat until fully combined.
Add in the slightly mashed strawberries, a few at a time, beating on low until combined.
Put the sauce in a jar with a lid and store in the fridge.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
These kitchen tools will help you make this easy recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
How Long Will Strawberry Sauce Keep in the Fridge
You can store Strawberry Sauce in an airtight jar or container in the fridge up to 4 days.
Can You Freeze Strawberry Sauce
Yes, you can freeze Strawberry Sauce! Make sure you put it in freezer-friendly containers.
This way, you can enjoy it all year long and not just when strawberries are in season. Yum!
Love strawberries and looking for more ways to use them? Check out these fabulous recipes.
- Strawberry Cream Pie – Tastes like a dream! This easy summer pie is creamy, sweet and refreshing.
- Strawberry Ice Cream – So creamy, sweet and luscious! This fresh ice cream recipe is ready in a matter of hours and super simple to make at home with your ice cream maker.
- Strawberry S’mores – Ridiculously easy and delicious! Add some sliced strawberries to your next batch of s’mores for an extra burst of sweetness.
- Strawberry Lemon Fool – Perfect for a summer party or BBQ! This luscious dessert is piled high with soft, sweetened whipped cream, dotted with juicy amaretto-spiked strawberries and tangy lemon curd and then topped with crushed amaretto biscuits.
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Strawberry Bread – A super moist, melt-in-your-mouth kind of recipe!
- Frozen Strawberry Fluff – A sweet summer frozen delight! A buttery cookie crust is topped by a creamy, cold strawberry layer of yum.
What is your favorite way to use fresh summer strawberries?
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups strawberries, stems removed, slightly mashed
- Cream butter with an electric mixer. Gradually add in powdered sugar and beat until fully combined.
- Add in strawberries, a few at a time, beating on low, until combined.
- Store in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 0g