Tortellini Casserole is hearty and delicious. This easy pasta casserole has beef tortellini smothered in a savory rose sauce, veggies and loads of cheese. It’s delicious comfort food! So good!
I often buy fresh tortellini and eat it with our favourite pasta sauce. I like it because it doesn’t take long to cook and waiting for pasta to cook is one of my kitchen pet peeves. I know, weird, but whatever…
I thought let’s take things up a notch and make a Tortellini Casserole. The results were so much better than I expected. My family kept talking about how delicious it was.
There is only three of us in the house now so we had some leftovers. It tasted just as yummy the next day for lunch.
How to Make Tortellini Casserole
It’s really easy to make. Melt butter in a large saucepan and then add onions and butter. Saute them over medium heat for 3 minutes.
Sprinkle on flour and stir. Cook for an additional 3 minutes. Whisk in the milk and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium low and add in the tomato sauce, salt, basil and oregano. Cook on medium low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While the sauce is cooking, cook tortellini and broccoli in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain.
Add tortellini and broccoli to tomato sauce mixture. Stir in the cheddar cheese.
Put the pasta mixture in a 9×13 casserole dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes at 350F.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
These kitchen tools will help you prepare this mouthwatering casserole.
What to Serve with Tortellini Casserole
This pasta casserole pairs well with a side salad. I normally love Caesar Salad, but haven’t been eating it lately because of the issues with romaine lettuce.
You could also try a simple tossed salad. I haven’t heard of any issues with iceberg lettuce…yet.
For more pasta recipes, try out these yummy selections.
- Baked Chicken & Tarragon Pasta: This savoury casserole will easily feed a family of four. It’s a little on the spicy side, but oh so yummy!
- Spicy Sausage & Pepper One-Pot Pasta: Enjoy a big bowl of comfort food supreme.
- Garlic Shrimp with Chilli Pesto Pasta: Fresh, healthy and simply amazing.
- One-Pot Unstuffed Pepper Pasta: The easiest One-Pot Unstuffed Pepper Pasta recipe ever! Make your family a delicious meal in under 30 minutes.
- Slow Cooker Pepperoni & Sausage Pizza Pasta: Satisfy your comfort food cravings.
Do you think your family would like this Tortellini Casserole?
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 350g package beef tortellini
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add in onions and butter. Saute over medium heat for 3 minutes. Sprinkle on flour and stir. Cook an additional 3 minutes. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and add in tomato sauce, salt, basil and oregano. Cook on medium low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini and broccoli in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain.
- Add tortellini and broccoli to tomato sauce mixture. Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Put mixture into 9x13 casserole dish and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes at 350F.
- Pyrex Basics 3 Quart Glass Oblong Baking Dish with Red Plastic Lid -13.2 INCH x 8.9inch x 2 inch
- New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel 4Pcs Measuring Cups And Spoons Combo Set, Silver
- OXO Good Grips Utility Cutting Board
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 501 Total Fat: 26.6g Saturated Fat: 15.2g Trans Fat: 0.3g Unsaturated Fat: 8.7g Cholesterol: 88.6mg Sodium: 1029.7mg Carbohydrates: 43g Fiber: 2.8g Sugar: 7.8g Protein: 23.7g