This easy baked oatmeal recipe is healthy, sweet, full or protein, and rich in bold flavors from sweet apple and spicy cinnamon. Cinnamon baked oatmeal is perfect for breakfast or brunch!
Baked oatmeal recipes are easy and fitting for all types of occasions at home–such as breakfast, brunch, and dessert. This cinnamon apple recipe is made with fresh apples and filled with subtly sweet flavors that are irresistible.
Old-fashioned oats are mixed with milk, cinnamon, almonds, sugar, and vanilla extract for protein baked oats that will keep you and the family full all morning long.
- Sugar: I use regular granulated white sugar for this baked oatmeal recipe, but feel free to substitute with your choice of liquid sweetener or coconut sugar.
- Oil: Vegetable oil allows the baked oatmeal to be moist and full of soft flavors. You can use any kind of vegetable oil.
- Eggs: Two whole eggs are used to bring everything together and make sure it bakes well.
- Milk: A little bit of dairy milk is used for these oats. You can use your favorite kind of dairy-free milk.
- Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract is rich and aromatic and a perfect addition to this cinnamon baked oatmeal.
- Oats: I use “large flake oats” or old-fashioned oats for this oatmeal because they cook well and soak up all of the flavors.
- Baking Powder: You will need some baking powder to make sure everything rises and sticks together.
- Salt: A little bit of sea salt balances everything out!
- Cinnamon: Ground cinnamon is rich, spicy, aromatic, and a great addition to these sweet oats.
- Almonds: Slivered almonds give this oat recipe a light nuttiness and crunch in addition to some protein.
- Raisins: Sweet plump raisins are mixed throughout the oats to create baked oatmeal that is full of sweet surprises.
- Apples: Freshly chopped apples allow this baked oatmeal to have natural sweetness. Any kind of apples will work such as Granny Smith, Gala, Honeycrisp, Fuji, etc.
What I Used For This Recipe
This post contains affiliate links.
- Cutting Board: This utility cutting board is my favorite because it is study and easy to cut on. I use all types of ingredients on this board such as fresh veggies, bread, protein, etc.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons: This stainless steel set of measuring cups and spoons is easy to use and has lasted a long time! I love how easy to clean these cups and spoons are and how they come in a variety of sizes, too.
- Mixing Bowl Set: This set of mixing bowls is easy to use for a variety of different recipes. These bowls are made of glass so they are easy to use and clean!
How To Make It
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Next, add the oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon slivered almonds, raisins, and apples. Stir to combine until mixed.
- Pour the oat mixture into a greased pan. Be sure to grease the pan of the baked oats or they still stick.
- Bake the oats in the oven for 30 minutes. Allow the oats to cool before serving.
- Make vegan baked oatmeal by omitting using one tablespoon of flax meal mixed with three tablespoons of water. Use dairy-free milk.
- Add extra fruit to the baked oats such as pears, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, bananas, etc.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips into the baked oatmeal for extra flavors.
- Instead of almonds use chopped pecans, pistachios, or walnuts.
What happens when you bake oats?
When you make oats with a liquid such as milk or water, you end up with a creamy rich mixture of oats that have absorbed all of the liquid.
Can you bake with quick oats?
You can bake with quick oats, the quick oats may just not take as long to make and will have a different texture than old-fashioned oats.
What To Serve With This
Serve this cinnamon baked oatmeal recipe with apple with a variety of dishes such as veggies, fresh fruit, coffee, salads, spinach and cheese egg muffins, homemade plain yogurt, breakfast casseroles, and more!
More Sweet Recipes You’ll Love
- Baked Apple Cider Donuts
- Caramel Apple Pie Crescents
- Nobby Apple Cake
- Apple Cinnamon Bun Breakfast Casserole
- Soft Apple Raisin Cake
- Oatmeal Pie
You’ll also like these Banana Bread Overnight Oats.
Do you have any amazing easy oatmeal recipes? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup apples, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar, oil, eggs, milk and vanilla. Add oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, almonds, raisins and apples and stir to combine.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool slightly. Serve warm.
Look for "Large Flake Oats" if you are in Canada.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 583Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 599mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 6gSugar: 43gProtein: 11g