I love the creamy tropical flavour of this Pineapple Pie! If only I could transport myself to some warm beach with each bite. Now that would be something!
Since I’m stuck here in the snow, this pie will have to do. It uses a pre-made frozen crust to save on time. The bottom layer is sweet pineapple followed by a creamy, smooth cheesecake-like topping. It’s so good!
My friend, Becky, came over while I was making a few recipes and she said this dessert was her favourite of the bunch. I let her take the leftover pie home with her. Aren’t I nice friend?
I don’t often bake with pineapple, but that will have to change. Use canned crushed pineapple versus trying to cut up a whole pineapple.
How to Make Pineapple Pie
Get a large bowl and beat together cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, salt, eggs, milk and vanilla extract with an electric mixer. Set aside.
To make the second layer, stir together cornstarch, 1/2 cup sugar and crushed pineapple in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and let it boil for 2 minutes. Be sure to stir constantly.
Let the mixture cool a few minutes and then pour into your pie shell.
Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the pineapple mixture. Bake for 10 minutes at 400F and then reduce the temperature to 325F and bake an additional 50 to 55 minutes, or until center is set. Let cool before cutting into slices.
This pie would be a fabulous addition to your Easter dinner table! Try something different this year.
Do you think you’d enjoy this Pineapple Pie?
- 1 250g package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 unbaked frozen pie shell
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, salt, eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, stir together cornstarch, 1/2 cup sugar and crushed pineapple. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Let cool a few minutes and then pour into pie shell.
- Pour cream cheese mixture on top of pineapple mixture. Bake for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 325F and bake an additional 50 to 55 minutes, or until center is set.
- Let cool before serving.
- Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set
- KitchenAid KHM7210CU 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and Pro Whisk - Contour Silver
- OXO Good Grips Wooden Corner Spoon & Scraper
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 597 Total Fat: 28.7g Saturated Fat: 12.5g Unsaturated Fat: 10.7g Cholesterol: 116.3mg Sodium: 710.8mg Carbohydrates: 75.6g Fiber: 1.4g Sugar: 49.4g Protein: 11g