I love the creamy tropical flavour of this Pineapple Pie! If only I could transport myself to some warm beach with each bite. Now that would be something!
Since I’m stuck here in the snow, this pie will have to do. It uses a pre-made frozen crust to save on time. The bottom layer is sweet pineapple followed by a creamy, smooth cheesecake-like topping. It’s so good!
Creamy, smooth and tropical! This pie is easy to prepare and guaranteed to be loved by all.
- 1 250g package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 unbaked frozen pie shell
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, salt, eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, stir together cornstarch, 1/2 cup sugar and crushed pineapple. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Let cool a few minutes and then pour into pie shell.
- Pour cream cheese mixture on top of pineapple mixture. Bake for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 325F and bake an additional 50 to 55 minutes, or until center is set.
- Let cool before serving.
My friend, Becky, came over while I was making a few recipes and she said this dessert was her favourite of the bunch. I let her take the leftover pie home with her. Aren’t I nice friend?
I don’t often bake with pineapple, but that will have to change. Use canned crushed pineapple versus trying to cut up a whole pineapple.
This pie would be a fabulous addition to your Easter dinner table! Try something different this year.
You might also like this Pineapple Pretzel Fluff.
Do you think you’d enjoy this Pineapple Pie?