I don’t think it’s possible to have just one of these Sweet Spiced Pecans. They are addicting! I made a batch with the intention of giving them as Christmas gifts. However, they turned out so yummy that I ended up eating most of them myself. Oops! Guess I need to make more.
They are the perfect combination of sweet and spice. I’m not talking the “hot” spicy – more like the holiday type of spice with cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg.
They are slow roasted in the oven for an hour. You have to stir them every 15 minutes while they are baking to ensure they cook evenly and dry out. They don’t take long to cool either.
This post contains affiliate links.
Package them up in mason jars with some pretty twine or ribbon. You could even add a fancy label on them if you wish. I’ll be making this recipe again because I want to share with family and friends. Plus, I’ll make more for ME!
You’ll also enjoy these Southwestern Party Nuts.
Do you like edible gifts?
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250F. Grease a baking sheet with butter.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sugar, cinnamon, cloves, salt, ginger and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white with water until frothy.
- Add egg mixture to spices and stir to combine. Add in pecans and stir to coat.
- Spread pecans out on baking sheet. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 17.9gSaturated Fat: 1.6gUnsaturated Fat: 15.5gSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 24.1gFiber: 2.7gSugar: 21gProtein: 2.7g