Maple Pecan Squares
These Maple Pecan Squares are addicting! They are a cross between a butter tart and pecan pie, two of my absolute favourite desserts! The addition of maple syrup adds a mouthwatering flavour. They are ooey gooey YUM! Prepare to lick your fingers.
Maple Pecan Squares
The base is crumbly sweet mixture of flour, brown sugar and butter. It’s baked for a few minutes before you add the highlight of the recipe, the filling. Then it goes back in the oven to bake again.
This post contains affiliate links.
Use real maple syrup if you can. It will make them taste so much better. I recommend Maple Lifestyle.
Maple syrup is a bit pricier than your typical pancake syrup varieties, but I wouldn’t cheap out with this recipe. There’s something magical about the flavour of maple syrup. I’d put it on everything if I could.
Cut a big square and serve with some vanilla ice cream for a fabulous fall dessert to end your meal. If you have guests, even better. They will be so impressed.
Not a fan of pecans? That’s ok. You can leave them out or substitute another nut variety. Walnuts will work, too.
How to Make Maple Pecan Squares
Making Maple Pecan Squares is pretty straightforward.
In a large bowl, add flour, brown sugar and butter. Rub mixture with clean hands until combined and crumbled. Press into a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake for 5 minutes at 350F. Set aside to cool.
In a small saucepan, bring sugar and maple syrup to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
In a large bowl, add beaten eggs. Pour maple syrup mixture into eggs, stirring constantly. Stir in pecans, salt and vanilla extract.
Pour maple syrup mixture over partially baked crust. Bake at 450F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350F and bake 20 minutes longer.
Let cool before cutting into squares. Then enjoy every last bite of this sweet deliciousness!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Maple Syrup Desserts
Love maple syrup desserts? I have more to try to help you use up your maple syrup on more than just pancakes!
- No-Churn Maple Pecan Ice Cream: Creamy, sweet with a little bit of crunch, you’ll love the flavour the maple syrup adds to this ice cream recipe.
- Maple Coffee Milkshake: Sweet, cold and maplelicious! Try this ice cold coffee milkshake as a yummy way to beat the summer heat. Make it in a matter of minutes in your blender.
- Maple Apple Pudding: A delicious fall dessert made with apples, raisins and of course, maple syrup!
- Maple Syrup Bars: Sweet and sticky recipe for Maple Syrup Bars made with real maple syrup.
- Maple Syrup Cheesecake: This might be the most Canadian cheesecake ever made! Using maple syrup to sweeten the cheesecake batter, and with maple syrup drizzled on top before serving, this smooth and creamy cheesecake is a great year round recipe – and perfect for a Canada Day celebration.
I’m a little obsessed with these Maple Pecan Squares. When I make them, I can never stop at eating just one.
Make them as a treat for company or just because. Do you really need a reason? Satisfy that sweet tooth and get your bake on ASAP.
You’ll also enjoy these Butter Tart Squares.
What is your favourite maple syrup dessert?
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup pecan halves
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and butter together. Rub mixture with clean hands until combined and crumbly. Press into a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and maple syrup to a boil. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, add beaten eggs. Pour syrup mixture into eggs, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour syrup mixture over partially baked crust. Bake at 450F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350F and bake for 20 minutes longer.
- Cool. Cut into squares.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 12.7gSaturated Fat: 5.4gUnsaturated Fat: 6.6gCholesterol: 51.3mgSodium: 67.8mgCarbohydrates: 37.4gFiber: 1.7gSugar: 26.9gProtein: 3.1g