These Swiss Potatoes are an easy side dish to prepare and tastes delicious. Warning – they are addicting! What’s not to love about potatoes and ooey gooey cheese?
The first step is to slice your potatoes very thin – like you were going to make chips. They are layered at the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Then season with salt and pepper and top with shredded Swiss cheese and dot with a bit of butter. Repeat. The final step is to pour on top chicken broth. Don’t worry, it will absorb into the potatoes while they cook and leave loads of savoury flavour.
The potatoes come out tender and perfectly cooked. My favourite part is that golden Swiss cheese on top. I couldn’t stop eating it!
Serve this simple side with some chicken or beef. It’s a recipe I’ve been making for years and is always a hit!
Not a fan of Swiss cheese? Experiment and try another type of cheese that you enjoy. Potatoes and cheese are a winning combination, don’t you think?
Layers of sliced potatoes and Swiss cheese make this easy side dish a winner!
- 4 large red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Add half of potatoes evenly on the bottom of the dish. Season with salt and pepper. Spread 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese on top. Dot evenly with 2 tbsp butter. Repeat layers. Pour chicken broth over top.
- Bake 45 minutes until potatoes are cooked and the cheese is golden brown. Serve hot.