Apple Raisin Cake
This is the kind of cake I’d eat for breakfast! It tastes a little bit like a raisin bran muffin, but in a cake form. It’s easy to make and so, so good!
I used golden raisins, but feel free to substitute with whatever raisins you have in your pantry. You can also leave off the icing sugar (aka powdered sugar) if you want it less sweet.
This cake did not last long in my house. In fact, it was gobbled up so quickly that John was too slow and didn’t get to try a piece. I may have had more than my fair share. Oops!
Is it a dessert or breakfast – you decide. Either way, it’s still a darn good cake to eat at any time of day!
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups apple sauce
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup golden raisins
- icing sugar (powdered sugar), for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, salt, brown sugar and baking soda.
- In another mixing bowl, stir together milk, lemon juice, apple sauce and butter. Pour into dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in raisins. Pour mixture into a 13×9 inch ungreased baking pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the centre clean.
- Cool. Cut into squares and sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 631Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 613mgCarbohydrates: 116gFiber: 3gSugar: 66gProtein: 8g