When it comes to appetizers, Mac and Cheese Cups are the stars of the night.
I may have something to confess, I have a little addiction for mac and cheese. Yes, the cheesy melty homemade one. For me, it’s comfort food at its finest and there’s nothing else that can be better than that.
And with the holiday season quickly approaching and all the parties, gatherings and get together that are around the corner, I was brainstorming for some appetizer ideas. The thing is I have a couple of requirements, it needs to be something easy, it needs to be a total mind blowing crowd favorite, and it needs to be made with things that I already have on hand or I normally use (because nothing is worst than having to purchase something you never use and then having leftovers).
And after countless hours of Pinterest in the name of research I was not quite there yet. Sure I found some delicious ideas, but nothing like what I was looking for. That’s when it hit me: Mac and Cheese Cups! So I went to the kitchen, tested a couple of recipes, did a couple of tweaks, ran a taste test with family and some neighbors to make sure, and then cooked some more. The result is this mind blowing good recipe that’s not only incredibly delicious but also completely fool proof. It’s also party ready so what else can a girl ask for?
The recipe is incredibly easy to follow and straightforward I could spend my day saying that but seriously, check it out. There aren’t a lot of ingredients. There are definitely no crazy steps and there are no secrets. Once your cups are done you can also top them with some bacon, or add some grated cheese on top but all in all, they are delicious on their own.
Guest post by Ana at Carmela POP.
- 2 cups macaroni noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Parsley, for garnish, optional
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a mini muffin pan and set aside.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons salted butter to a saucepan over medium low heat. Once melted, add stir in flour. Cook for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in milk and cook until the mixture thickens up again. Stir in cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. You can add more milk if you find the mixture too thick.
- Remove from heat and add to cooked macaroni. Stir to combine. Add eggs and stir to combine.
- Fill the mini muffin pan with the macaroni mixture right to the top.
- In a small bowl, stir together breadcrumbs, melted butter and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle on top of mac and cheese cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes in the pan before attempting to remove them. You might need to loosen them with a butter knife if they don't come out easily. Sprinkle parsley on top, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g