I can’t get enough Buffalo Chicken these days. I picked up a big bottle of Frank’s Wing Sauce and have been using it in lots of recipes. I made Buffalo Chicken Pizza using it as the sauce. So tasty! This recipe for Buffalo Chicken Sliders is just as good and it’s even easier to make. The slow cooker does most of the hard work!
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
The chicken breasts are covered in Frank’s Wing Sauce and onions in the slow cooker. And like anything you make in the slow cooker, the flavour permeates deep down so that every bite lights up your taste buds.
The only thing that could make these sliders better is if they were on King’s Hawaiian buns! I tried them at Blogher 2011 in San Diego and have been craving them since. I wish they had them in Canada.
The ranch dressing complements the spice of the wing sauce. I like Hidden Valley Ranch dressing, but I’ll buy others if they are on sale. Renee’s and Kraft are other ones that we often use.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders
The first thing you’ll need to do is add the chicken breasts to your slow cooker and then pour over 1/2 cup of wing sauce and onions. Cover and cook on low or high, your choice.
Once the chicken is cooked, take it out of the slow cooker. It will be very tender. Shred the chicken with two forks or in a stand mixer.
Remember to take 1/4 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker. You’ll need this for the recipe. You can discard the rest of the liquid.
Put the shredded chicken back in the slow cooker and add the 1/4 cup of reserved liquid and the remaining wing sauce. Give it a good stir to make sure the chicken is coated completely.
To serve, place about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of chicken on each slider bun. Top with more wing sauce and Ranch dressing.
Serve up some coleslaw with your sliders. Yum!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links.
These Buffalo Chicken Sliders are the perfect game day snack. Your whole house will smell delicious and everyone will be salivating by the time the sliders are ready to eat. I recommend starting the slow cooker in the morning so that they are ready to enjoy during mid-afternoon. I guarantee your guests will love them!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Mouthwatering recipe for Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders made with Frank’s Wing Sauce!
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup wing sauce (I like Frank’s), divided
- 1/2 onion, chopped finely
- Ranch dressing
- 12 slider buns
- In a slow cooker, add chicken breasts and top with 1/2 cup wing sauce and onions. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred using 2 forks or stand mixer. Reserve 1/4 cup of liquid from slow cooker, and discard the rest. Place shredded chicken back into slow cooker bowl, add 1/4 cup reserved liquid, and remaining 1/2 cup wing sauce. Stir to coat chicken.
- Place about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of chicken on each bun. Garnish with additional wing sauce and ranch dressing if desired. Enjoy!
When was the last time you had sliders?
You Will Also Love
If you liked this post, you will also love these ones!