Pizza Pasta Salad
Pizza Pasta Salad is perfect when you want the pizza flavors, but not the heaviness. The salty pepperoni and olives are coated in tangy Italian dressing and everything is covered in mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses!
Pizza Pasta Salad
Sometimes I’m craving a big, cheesy slice of pizza with all my favorite toppings and this Pizza Pasta Salad hits the spot perfectly! The combination of the pizza toppings mixed with Italian dressing and double cheeses makes me forget there’s no crust or pizza sauce here!
Add a little pizza to your potluck or pool party with this easy and fast side dish. The cool pasta salad makes this the perfect outdoor dining dish with a pizza kick that kids and adults alike can enjoy!
I like to make this recipe after I’ve made homemade pizza because I usually have way too many ingredients for one pizza, but I don’t need more pizzas. Great way to save money on groceries and still eat delicious dishes!
- Cooked pasta — most people use spiral pasta here, but your call!
- Chopped green pepper
- Black olives
- Cherry tomatoes
- Pepperoni slices — I use the mini pieces, but you can also cut regular-sized slices into smaller pieces
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Chopped basil
- Italian seasoning
- Italian salad dressing
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
These are the ingredients I use for my Pizza Pasta Salad. Use different toppings for your favorite pizza? Mix it up! Cooked mushrooms, ground sausage, or sautéed spinach would be great substitutions here!
What I used for my Pizza Pasta Salad
This post contains affiliate links.
- Wooden spoon: There’s nothing I use more in my kitchen than this wooden spoon. Perfect for cooking, mixing, and serving, this spoon also has a flat edge to easily scrape pans, pots, and slow cooker sides to keep my food from sticking.
- Mixing bowls: These glass mixing bowls are beautiful and practical. I love being able to see all my ingredients through the bowl and they nest inside each other for space saving!
- Cutting board: This no-slip cutting board saves me in the kitchen time and time again! The large surface is great for cutting anything from small produce to big meats and has rubber ends to keep it just where you want it on the counter.
How to Make Pizza Pasta Salad
- First, combine your green pepper, black olives, tomatoes, pepperoni, bacon, basil, and Italian seasoning in a large mixing bowl. Add the cooked pasta and stir to combine.
- Then, add Italian salad dressing, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine with the pasta salad. Add pepper to taste and refrigerate until ready to serve!
Pasta salad is usually best when it’s been refrigerated at least 8 hours before serving, so feel free to make this the day before your pool party or barbecue for optimal flavors! It will last at least five days in the refrigerator. Sprinkle with a little extra cheese before serving and you’re ready to go.
Can I use a different pasta type?
Absolutely! I steer clear from long noodles in pasta salad like spaghetti and fettuccine and instead go for any of the cut pastas like farfalle (also known as bowtie), rigatoni, or penne. The most popular pasta salad noodle is likely the spiral pasta, commonly called fusilli or rotini pasta. Only have long noodles? I recommend breaking them or cutting them before mixing the pasta salad together for a more bite-size option.
Want to turn this side dish into a main dish? Use tortellini for your pasta! Whether vegetarian or meat-stuffed, the tortellini help turn this into an entrée!
What dressing do you use?
I usually use store-bought Italian dressing for this recipe because it’s quick and easy to add. Have a dressing or marinade recipe you want to use? That works too! I always go for an olive oil-based dressing here instead of a creamy dressing to make it a lighter dish. Plus, the cheeses add some creaminess to the pasta salad as well to give you that pizza feel.
Other amazing recipes to try…
- Macaroni Dill Salad
- Italian Wedding Soup with Chicken Meatballs
- Lasagna Stuffed Chicken
- Cheese Potato Salad
- Italian Meatball Pizza
Do you have any amazing pasta salad recipes? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes!
- 4 cups cooked pasta of your choice, cooled
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup mini pepperoni slices
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded or shaved
- pepper, to taste
- Combine green pepper, black olives, tomatoes, pepperoni, bacon, basil, Italian seasoning in a large bowl. Add in cooked pasta and stir to combine.
- Add in Italian salad dressing, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese and toss to combine. Season with pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 329Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 663mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g