Oh Strawberry Mousse how I love thee! You are sweet, light and addicting. Plus, you are simple to whip up and don’t leave my kitchen looking like a disaster zone. Thank you for being there when I needed to satisfy my sweet cravings. I really do appreciate it…
All kidding aside, this dessert is one of our summertime favourites. I can’t wait to head out to our local strawberry farm to pick my own strawberries. It’s been years since we’ve done that as a family. These strawberries were from the grocery store and I think they were from California. They are ginormous!
This recipe is similar to the Lemon Cheesecake Mousse I recently shared. It’s fun to play around with the ingredients to see what you can come up with. I’ve got plans for a Cherry Mousse with some fresh cherries I recently picked up. I told John I was making it and he asked if I’d be removing the pits?! Ummm.
I have more packages of Jello in my pantry right now from a recent sale. I went a little crazy with my coupons. Good thing there are lots of ways to use them up like this mousse recipe.
Even little Reggie (my kitten) wanted a taste. He was being a curious kitty trying to jump up on the table while I was trying to take pictures. He’s cute, but a handful at times. I told him he had to stick to cat food.
If you want an easy, no-bake, absolutely scrumptious dessert, this is the recipe to try.
What is your favourite mousse recipe?
Sweet, light and addicting, this Strawberry Mousse recipe is an easy, no-bake recipe your family will love!
- 1 package strawberry Jello (4 serving size)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed
- sliced strawberries and Cool Whip for garnish, if desired
- Add Jello package to a medium bowl. Pour in boiling water and stir until completely dissolved.
- Pour Jello mixture into a blender. Add strawberries, cream cheese, vanilla extract and cold water. Blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour blended mixture into a large bowl. Whisk in Cool Whip until completely blended.
- Add mixture to four dessert dishes and put in the fridge for two hours to set.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and Cool Whip, if you wish.