Snickerdoodle. Say that three times fast! You may be asking what the heck is a snickerdoodle?! I was seeing them everywhere and learned what they were by a Google search. Snickerdoodles are a type of cookie made with cinnamon and sugar. However, that particular flavour has leaked into way more than just a regular cookie. Now you can find Snickerdoodle cakes, squares, smoothies and cupcakes! Today I’ve got a yummy Snickerdoodle Cupcake recipe to share.
If you enjoy the cinnamon + sugar combination, chances are, you will like Snickerdoodles! I love the smell of cinnamon baked goods.
Pair up one of these babies with a hot cup of coffee. Will you eat the mountain of frosting off first or start at the bottom? Decisions decisions.
Have you tried Snickerdoodle Cupcakes before?
Try Snickerdoodle Cupcakes with a cup of coffee or enjoy on their own as a sweet treat!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cupcake pan with either paper or aluminum liners.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Cream together with your mixer butter and sugar. Then add the eggs, one at a time. Mix the eggs with the butter and sugar mixture until fully incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in milk and vanilla extract.
- With your electric mixer on medium speed, beat for about three minutes.
- With a large ice cream scoop, fill your cupcake liners with the batter 3/4 way full.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Let cool thoroughly before adding your prepared frosting.
- Beat butter for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add in powdered sugar and heavy cream until thick and well incorporated.
- Add cinnamon and brown sugar and mix together until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe frosting in an icing bag with a tip onto cooled cupcakes.
- Garnish with sprinkled brown sugar and cinnamon.