I have about a half dozen boxes of Betty Crocker cake mix sitting on my pantry shelf right now. They were on sale a couple months back for $1 each and I bought a bunch since I was getting such a great deal. The only thing is that I don’t make boxed cake very often. The boxes are taking up room and I knew I needed to use them up. I’ve made cake mix cookies before with just three ingredients – cake mix, butter and eggs. This time I wanted to try something a little different. I whipped up a huge batch of these White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies using a box of French Vanilla cake mix plus a few other ingredients. This recipe makes a huge amount of cookies! I’m happy to say they turned out delicious. Maybe even a little addicting too. It’s hard to stop at eating just one!
I don’t care for cookies that are “cake like”. These ones were nice and chewy – the way I like my cookies. Feel free to change up the flavour of cake mix you use or the type of chip. I’m a die hard white chocolate fan so I used a bag of those. I bet it would also be a hit with either chocolate or butterscotch chips.
I need to use up the rest of those boxes of cake mix in my pantry so watch for a few more cake mix recipes! It’s fun to experiment in the kitchen.
Have you ever made cookies with cake mix?
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 box French Vanilla cake mix
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips (about 1 1/4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350F. With an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, cinnamon and eggs on medium speed until combined.
- Stir in cake mix and oats. Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g