Pecan Cookies with Cream Cheese Filling are buttery homemade sandwich cookies you’ll make every fall and winter. These simple sugar cookies are sweetened with brown sugar and sandwiched with a simple cream cheese spread.
Sandwich cookies are the best dessert — crunchy on the outside and filled with creamy frosting. These Pecan Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting are a constant in my house from the beginning of fall through Thanksgiving to Christmas.
They taste like two sugar cookies with a nutty pecan flavour and inside is a sweet and smooth cream cheese frosting. If you’re not a huge pecan fan, you’ll still love these delicious cookies.
If you love pecan desserts as much as I do, try this Pecan Pie Cheesecake that combines two classics for one perfect treat.
These nutty, buttery sugar cookies are delicious on their own but are even better with this delicious two-ingredient cream cheese frosting.
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
These pantry staples are always around for a rainy day baking session or a last-minute office potluck.
What I used for my Pecan Cookies with Cream Cheese Filling
This post contains affiliate links.
- Cooling rack: These racks fit in most baking sheets for roasting or cooling! They’re a must for homemade cookies.
- Hand mixer: This hand mixer has been with me for so, so many years! It’s much more affordable than a stand mixer and does great work with mixing and beating while saving my biceps!
- Baking sheets: This set of nonstick baking sheets is perfect for sheet pan dinners, roasting veggies, and of course, baking the perfect cookies.
How to Make Pecan Cookies with Cream Cheese Filling
- First, preheat your oven and prep your baking sheet.
- Then, mix your two sugars, butter, eggs, baking soda, salt, and vanilla extract on medium with a stand or hand mixer.
- Now, add your flour slowly in thirds, stirring every time and stir in the chopped pecans.
- Next, roll the dough into balls and flatten with a fork. Bake for about 10 minutes and cook.
- While the cookies cool, make the filling! Beat your cream cheese and icing sugar until super smooth and spread between cookies to make pecan and cream cheese sandwich cookies.
Just mix, bake, and mix again! These pecan sugar cookies are super easy for beginners.
How to Freeze Cookies
I love to make batches of these cookies and freeze them! If you freeze the cookies correctly, they’ll thaw as fresh as the first day. Add fresh frosting and have a delicious snack any time you want!
You can also freeze the dough! Roll the dough into balls and freeze it briefly on a cookie sheet until firm. Then you can put all your cookie dough balls in a freezer-safe container.
I like to thaw them before baking. If you don’t like to wait, flatten your cookies before freezing and just grab and bake! Frozen dough will take longer than 10 minutes.
What to Serve with Sandwich Cookies
These Pecan Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting are sweet enough to be a dessert but buttery enough for a snack.
If you want to sweeten up your pecan sugar cookies, have a sweet spread with these Maple Coffee Milkshake.
If you like butterscotch as much as I do, this Butterscotch Steamer is a delicious hot complement to the nutty sandwich cookies.
Other amazing cookie recipes to try…
- Thumbprint Cookies
- Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- Cream Cheese Cookies
- No-Bake Butterscotch Cookies
- Brown Sugar Cookies
- Caramel Apple Cookies
You’ll also love these Sweet Spiced Pecans.
Do you have any amazing cookie recipes? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes!
Pecan Cookies with Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans chopped
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 package cream cheese 8oz/250g package, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add brown sugar, white sugar, butter, eggs, baking soda, salt and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add flour to mixture in three parts, stirring in between. Stir in pecans.
- Roll cookie dough mixture into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet. Flatten with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes. Place on a baking rack to cool.
To Make the Filling
- Beat together cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth. Spread filling on one cookie and put together with another cookie like a sandwich.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.