Valentine’s Day Fudge
I have love-hate relationship with fudge. I love it because it is so darn addicting and perfectly decadent. I hate making it though! I’m not fond of using a candy thermometer. The first time I made fudge was with my cousin, Allison. We were young teens at the time and didn’t bother to use a candy thermometer. I mean really how hard could it be? That was the thought running through our young minds.
I wouldn’t even call what we made fudge. It was a nasty black hot mess. We ruined my Auntie Lori’s pot in the process. She was not impressed. I tried a bite of it and it was like eating a piece of charcoal. Absolutely sick!
It took me a few years before I ever attempted a fudge recipe again, but this time I used a candy thermometer. Thankfully, I didn’t ruin any pots and it was edible.
When I discovered that you could make fudge without a candy thermometer, I said sign me up! I gotta try this stuff. This recipe uses cake mix and requires no stove top stirring and taking the temperature. It is SO easy. I made this batch of Valentine’s day fudge in under 5 minutes and then it has to set and cool for 2 hours in the fridge.
I used a white cake mix and Wilton Valentine’s day sprinkles to make it Valentine’s day themed.
I always butcher the first piece out of the pan. After it’s out, though, it’s smooth sailing! Creamy, smooth and rich – one piece will satisfy your sweet tooth!
Can you tell I’m on a cake mix hack binge? I’m using up those boxes in my pantry! Check out my other cake mix recipes: French Vanilla Cream Bars, Caramel Apple Dump Cake and White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies.
Valentine's Day Fudge
Simply sweet and decadent recipe for Valentine’s Day Fudge made with cake mix!
- 2 cups white cake mix
- 2 cups powdered sugar (or as we call it here – icing sugar)
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into four pieces
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Wilton Valentine’s sprinkles
- Add cake mix and powdered sugar to a microwaveable bowl. Mix together.
- Add in butter and milk. Do not mix. Microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Remove from microwave immediately and stir together to combine. Stir in Valentine’s sprinkles.
- Immediately spread the batter in an 8×8 greased baking pan. Add a few sprinkles to the top and press down with the palm of your hand or a spoon to set in place.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Cut into squares and enjoy!
You Will Also Love
If you liked this post, you will also love these ones!