Apple Cheddar Quick Bread Recipe
I was looking for Fall recipes and I came across this recipe for Apple Cheddar Quick Bread in the September 2013 edition of Canadian Living and thought it fit the bill perfectly! I normally only make Banana Bread so was curious to see how apple bread would taste. Apples & cheese at first may look like a strange combination but they actually go together perfectly. The sweet tartness of the apples complements the saltiness of the old cheddar. I changed the recipe a bit though. I didn’t peel the apples and I forgot to include the milk. It still turned out delicious though. Spread some butter on each slice and enjoy.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups old Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup, butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Granny Smith apple, diced
- 3/4 cup Granny Smith apple, grated
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- In another mixing bowl, beat butter until smooth. Beat in sugar. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Stir in diced apple and grated apple and stir to combine.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread in a greased loaf pan and sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake in 375°F oven for 50 minutes or until cake tester comes out of the center clean. Let cool in loaf pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 414mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 9g