Caramel Apple Tarts
Three ingredients is all you’ll need to make these mouthwatering Caramel Apple Tarts. Yes, three. When you are pressed for time and have to come up with a quick treat, this is your recipe. You’ll need refrigerated pie dough, apple pie filling and caramel sundae sauce.
I used the opening of a mason jar to make my circles. A glass would also work. Try and get the circles to as close as possible to the size of your Wilton Mini Tart pan. If you’re a bit under or over, no biggie. Either stretch out the dough or tear some away to make it fit. The filling will hide your mistakes.
You won’t need an entire can of apple pie filling for this recipe. Save it for another recipe or to serve on top of some vanilla ice cream. Mmmmmm.
I could have just left them with only apple filling, but I was craving caramel. I’m one of those people who prefers caramel over chocolate. Don’t get me wrong, I love chocolate, but I adore caramel. Tell me I’m not the only one who feels this way!
Caramel Apple Tarts
Sticky, sweet and easy to make with only three ingredients. This one’s for my caramel loving friends!
- 1 9 inch refrigerated pie dough crust
- 1/2 cup apple pie filling, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup caramel syrup plus extra for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 450F. Roll out your pie dough and cut into 12 3-inch circles. I used a mason jar with a wide top to do mine. You will need to reroll the dough scraps as near the end to get the 12 circles.
- Press dough circles into a mini tart pan. Poke each tart with a fork.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Note: these bake very fast and burn quickly!
- Remove tart shells from oven and place on a wire rack.
- Add 1 tsp of caramel syrup to each tart. Add 2 tsp of apple pie filling to each tart.
- Drizzle caramel syrup on top and serve.
Grab some extra napkins because you are in for a gooey, lick your fingers (clean, of course) dessert!
While you’re here, I have a few more caramel desserts for you to check out: Pineapple Sticky Buns with Coconut Caramel, Caramel Apple Cupcakes, Caramel Pecan Breakfast Casserole and Caramel Bacon Brownies. Also, follow my Caramel Pinterest board for more decadent inspiration.
Never miss a recipe again! Subscribe to my newsletter to receive my newest posts and get a copy of my free e-cookbook, Top 10 Most Popular Recipes of All-Time.
What is your favourite caramel dessert?