Ham & Eggs in a Muffin Tin Recipe

After I was finished breastfeeding Bridget, I started following the Suzanne Somers diet. The diet focuses on food combining and limiting your carbs and sugar. I started back on it this winter and I’m now down 40 lbs. It’s slow, but I’m getting there and I don’t feel like I’m depriving myself of foods I love to eat.

One of the recipe ideas I found in one of Suzanne’s books was this delicious Ham and Eggs in a Muffin Tin. It’s quick and easy to make and hits the spot!

Ham & Eggs in a Muffin Tin

Author:
Ingredients
  • Butter, to grease muffin tin
  • Deli ham, sliced
  • Eggs
  • Cheese, shredded
Instructions
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
  2. Grease muffin tins with butter.
  3. Line each muffin tin with a slice of ham.
  4. Add one egg to centre of each piece of ham.
  5. Place in the oven for about 7 minutes. Then remove and top with shredded cheese and put back in the oven for an additional 7 minutes.
  6. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.

Comments

1. Debbie says

I do something similar. Make up some eggs as if I was going to scramble them. Fill the bottom of a muffin tin with cooked vegetables (broccoli is AWESOME!). Fill the muffin tin with the egg mixture, put cheese on top and bake for about 20 minutes. They freeze well for a quick microwaved breakfast.

2. Korrin says

These look cute enough to serve company and easy enough to make before school. My 12 year old just saw the picture and already asked to try it. Glad I found this post!

3. Brenda Leon says

I must try this!! The children will get a treat out of seeing that on their plate tomorrow. I love doing different things to keep food interesting. Thanks for a wonderful idea!!

4. anne brooks says

As a home daycare provider, I am always looking for a good recipe for the kids. This fits the bill. Thanks for sharing.

5. Jennifer says

Yum! I didn’t have any ham in hand so I used thinly sliced deli turkey. I also added Herbes de Provence for an edge of sophistication. Don’t know if that would work for kids, but I was just cooking for myself today.

I shared this recipe with my mom and friends. I told them it has a very luxurious presentation and that they should make this when they want to feel pampered.

Super easy, delicious, and beautiful.

what size muffin tin- cannot tell from photo- I have the large muffin tin and the smaller one- not sure which to use!
    these look yummy! Thanks!!