If you like your food with a bit of a kick, this recipe for Twice Baked Pepper Stuffed Potatoes is for you! For me, I’m all about the spicy food as long as I have a glass of water nearby. There’s nothing worse than a bland meal with no discernible flavour. If you prefer less of a bite, decrease the spice amounts by half.
Twice Baked Pepper Stuffed Potatoes
The little bit of extra prep work is well worth it. The potatoes need to bake in the oven for 1 hour. This step does the majority of the baking process and is necessary so the insides are soft enough to scoop out for the second half of the recipe.
Be very careful when scooping out the insides to make your potato shell. I like to use baking potatoes because I find them easier to work with and the skin seems tougher than the other varieties.
If you prefer a smoother, creamier filling, use a mixer to whip the potatoes. I didn’t bother with this step because I wanted to get them on the table to eat faster.
They are spicy, creamy and loaded with delicious flavour. Serve as a side dish with steak or grilled chicken for a hearty meal.
What ingredients do you include in your twice baked potatoes?
You’ll also like these Sweet Potato Home Fries.
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 to 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapenos, chopped
- 1 tbsp green chilies
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400F. Poke holes in potatoes with a fork. Rub each potato in olive oil. Set on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut the top of potatoes lengthwise and carefully spoon out the inside of the potato into a bowl. Add sour cream, butter, cumin and chili powder to the potatoes and mix together.
- In another bowl, stir red pepper, green pepper, jalapeno, chilies and green onions. Stir into potato mixture.
- Fill potato shells with the potato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 10g