These Easter Mini Eggs Brownies are rich and chewy brownies with a holiday surprise inside! Use that leftover Easter candy with this recipe.
All you’ll need is your favorite brownie recipe, a boxed mix is fine, and a bag of Easter Mini Eggs. I made my brownies from scratch so feel free to use this recipe if you like. It’s rich, chewy, and always a hit!
The stores are full of scrumptious Easter candy and I stocked up on a bunch. Both Hershey’s and Cadbury’s make mini eggs. I think even Walmart has a generic store brand too, but I’ve never tried them. They are little bites of candy-coated chocolate heaven. You can never stop at just one. At least, I can’t!
Prepare your brownies as you normally would. Then, before putting them into the oven, mix in a cup of mini eggs. When you cut them into squares, you’ll see the little chocolate chunks spread throughout.
I doubt they sell mini eggs year-round, at least I haven’t noticed in my area, so grab a bunch of bags to satisfy your chocolate cravings long after Easter ends. It’s early this year and coming up fast!
Check out my Easter recipes for more fun ideas to celebrate the holiday.
Why You’ll Love These Easter Mini Eggs Brownies
- Rich and chocolatey
- Fun Easter treat for the kids to help make
- Great way to use leftover Easter mini eggs
- Yummy addition to your Easter dessert table
- Brownies are made from scratch
For the brownie batter mix, you will need:
- Salted butter and eggs.
- Unsweetened baking chocolate and vanilla extract are the key ingredients to making this rich chocolate brownie batter.
- Sugar and all-purpose flour.
- Mini Eggs- I love both the Hershey’s and Cadbury’s brands, but any brand will work just fine.
For the Chocolate frosting, you will need:
- Salted butter and milk will help the frosting be incredibly creamy and delicious.
- Unsweetened natural cocoa powder, powder sugar, and vanilla extract will ensure that the chocolate frosting is rich and sweet to satisfy your sweet tooth.
*Please see the recipe card for the exact quantities. *
How to Make Easter Mini Eggs Brownies
Making the brownies are pretty simple. You will need to:
- Step One: Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan or an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Step Two: Melt the butter and the chocolate chunks in a small saucepan on low heat. Stir constantly until melted. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Step Three: In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar, vanilla, and eggs on medium-high speed until combined and smooth, which will take about two minutes. Pour in chocolate and beat on low until combined. Beat in flour on low speed until blended. Then, stir in the Mini Eggs.
- Step Four: Spread the brownie mixture into a baking pan and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and cool on a wire rack for a few hours.
To make the Chocolate Frosting:
- Step One: Melt the butter and cocoa powder in the microwave in a large bowl.
- Step Two: Stir in the milk and vanilla.
- Step Three: Add powdered sugar and beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Step Four: Frost on the cooled brownies.
This post contains affiliate links.
These tools are just a few of my favorite ones that I like to use when baking.
- This hand mixer is so sleek and just beautiful to look at. It also comes with a few different accessories for all of your baking needs.
- Glass mixing bowls are safe for the microwave, and dishwasher safe and can be used for storing or freezing. These are my favorite set because they come with three different sizes and can be used in a lot of different ways.
- This baking pan is nonstick and the perfect cake pan.
What to Serve with Easter Mini Eggs Brownies
These delicious brownies can be served after any dinner for a dessert that everyone will love or the brownies can also be served on Easter day with my yummy Brown Sugar Dijon Pork Tenderloin.
Substitutions and Variations
- Use a box brownie mix instead of making the brownies from scratch. I prefer my recipe just because it is rich and full of chocolate but any box mix that you prefer will work just fine if you are short on time or ingredients.
- You can use any brand of Mini Eggs instead of just Hershey’s or Cadbury’s. Walmart makes a store brand and I’m sure other stores do as well.
Store any leftover brownies at room temperature, covered, for up to 3 days.
Can I Freeze?
Yes, it can be frozen. I recommend freezing in an airtight container and then thawing overnight when you are ready to eat them and then warming them up after thawing.
- Easter Egg Stuffed Crescent Rolls
- Easter Egg Stuffed Brownies
- Easter Bark
- Coconut Macaroon Nutella Cookie Nests
Do you like to add anything special to your brownies? Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, Facebook at Simply Stacie, TikTok @simplystacierecipes or Pinterest at @simplystacie and let me know how you liked this recipe and my other recipes.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 2/3 cup salted butter
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Mini Eggs
- 5 tablespoons of salted butter
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan OR an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Melt the butter and chocolate chunks in a small saucepan on low heat. Stir constantly until melted. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar, vanilla and eggs on medium high speed until combined and smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour in chocolate and beat on low until combined. Beat in flour on low speed until blended. Stir in Mini Eggs.
- Spread brownie mixture into baking pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for a couple hours
- Melt butter and cocoa powder in the microwave in a large bowl.
- Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar and beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Frost on cooled brownies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 3gSugar: 35gProtein: 5g