Summer will be wrapping up in less than a month and I’m already starting to think about all things fall! Yes, that includes pumpkin everything! I created this easy kid-friendly treat perfect for fall out of Oreo cookies, Wilton candy melts and jujubes. It’s so simple to make and something your kids can get involved in making.
I find melting the candy melts the easiest in the microwave. Just be careful to not overcook them because it will seize. I stir in between and once it’s close to being melted you can sometimes stir until it’s smooth.
If you don’t want to use Oreos, substitute another cookie. Just make sure it’s round so it looks like a pumpkin when you are done!
You’ll also like these Pumpkin Patch Dirt Cups.
- 14 Oreo cookies
- 1 package Wilton Orange Candy Melts 283g package
- 14 green jujubes
- Add orange candy melts to a microwaveable bowl. Cook for 1 minute in the microwave at 50% power. Stir. Continue to cook at 30 second intervals (50% power), stirring in between, until candy melts are melted.
- Dip Oreos in the melted mixture to completely cover. Use a spoon to hold the Oreo when you dip it in so it’s easier to maneuver.
- Place Oreo on a piece of parchment paper and quickly add a jujube to the outside edge for your pumpkin stem.
- Let cookies sit at room temperature until hardened (about an hour).
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.