This Cherry Cranberry Pie is a pretty addition to your holiday table. It’s simple to make and uses a bunch of shortcuts. I used frozen pie crust and cherry pie filling. It only has a few ingredients so you can whip one up in a flash if you need to.
I used frozen cranberries because the store didn’t have fresh when I was doing my shopping. Either one works though so if you can find fresh – go for it.
Isn’t it pretty? It looks like a sea of red jewels.
It’s sweet and tart and pairs wonderfully with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It’s messy to cut because the filling is so juicy, but it still tastes delicious.
If you are looking for a last minute dessert addition to your Christmas dinner, here ya go. Easy peasy.
What dessert are you serving for your Christmas dinner?
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 540ml can cherry pie filling
- 2 cups frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie shell, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Stir together sugar, cornstarch, cherry pie filling and cranberries. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350F and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let cool before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 7.6gSaturated Fat: 2.4gUnsaturated Fat: 4.4gSodium: 135.8mgCarbohydrates: 89.9gFiber: 3gSugar: 63.6gProtein: 3.2g