Chocolate Zucchini Bread
You won’t even realize there are veggies in this moist and fudgy Chocolate Zucchini Bread. The sweet rich chocolate flavor is out of this world.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Our grocery store had lots of zucchini so I grabbed a bunch to make some yummy zucchini recipes. I’ll be making a Chocolate Zucchini Cake soon, too.
This Chocolate Zucchini Bread is so yummy. It’s a fantastic recipe to sneak in veggies. Your kids will never know! My fiance had no idea there was zucchini in it. He was all about the chocolate. I swear that guy lives on chocolate!
This recipe makes two loaves. You can eat one now and freeze the other one if you wish.
Matty and I were talking the other day about starting a garden this spring in our yard. I’ve never had a veggie garden before, but I think it would be nice to grow our own veggies and not have to rely on what is available at the store.
From what I’ve read about zucchini, it’s an easy vegetable to grow. I’m picturing all the zucchini bread I’ll be able to make!
Chocolate Zucchini Bread Ingredients
You’ll need the following ingredients to prepare this yummy dessert bread.
- All-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Orange zest
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Begin by preheating the oven to 350F. Grease two loaf pans and set aside.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
In another large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Stir in eggs, orange zest, zucchini, milk and vanilla.
Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir to combine. Pour batter evenly into two loaf pans. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on top.
Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Let cool before removing from loaf pans and slicing.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
These kitchen tools will help you make this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
Can You Freeze Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Yes, you can! Bake it according to the recipe and let it cool completely. Then wrap it in freezer wrap or aluminum foil. Place in the freezer and store for up to 3 months.
More Zucchini Recipes
Looking for more ways to use up your garden zucchini?
- Zucchini Bread (my grandma’s recipe!)
- Baked Zucchini
- Cheesy Zucchini Bake
- Grilled Zucchini Roll-Ups
- Caramelized Onion, Red Pepper & Zucchini Frittata
What are your favourite recipes to make with zucchini?
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 2 loaf pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Stir in eggs, orange zest, zucchini, milk and vanilla.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir to combine. Pour batter evenly into 2 loaf pans. Sprinkle the top evenly with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing from loaf pans and slicing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Orblue Zester Stainless Steel Grater, Cheese, Lemon, Ginger & Potato Zester with Plastic Cover, Long Ergonomic Handle with Rubber Base (Black)
- KitchenAid KHM7210CU 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and Pro Whisk - Contour Silver
- Wilton 2105-6806 Perfect Results Large Nonstick Loaf Pan, 9.25 by 5.25-Inch
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 668Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 719mgCarbohydrates: 100gFiber: 4gSugar: 63gProtein: 10g