Oatmeal Pie is an old fashioned dessert recipe just like grandma used to make. It has a consistency of a pecan pie with an oatmeal topping. If you added some raisins, it would taste like an Oatmeal Raisin Cookie. My crew aren’t big fans of raisins so I didn’t include any.
The molasses gives it a rich brown colour and an added depth of flavour. Serve with a helping of vanilla ice cream if you wish.
I used a shortcut with a frozen pie crust because I’m lazy, but feel free to make your own pie crust. I love my shortcuts!
It bakes for 55 minutes and let a cool a bit before you serve. It’s comforting, sweet and a reminder of days past. Did your grandma make Oatmeal Pie too?
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 frozen unbaked 9″ pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 55 minutes. Let cool before serving.
- Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set
- New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel 4pcs Measuring Cups and Spoons Combo Set
- OXO Good Grips Wooden Corner Spoon & Scraper
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 537 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 8.8g Unsaturated Fat: 10.7g Cholesterol: 86.7mg Sodium: 602.5mg Carbohydrates: 80.4g Fiber: 1.9g Sugar: 52.6g Protein: 6.7g