The weather is getting colder and I find I’m making more comfort food. This Cheesy Hamburger Supper is packed full of YUM. It’s a meal in itself and very filling. It reminds me a little of lasagna with the beef, noodles and the cottage cheese. I also added cream cheese making it extra creamy and delicious. It even tastes great heated up and served the next day.
My favourite part is all that oohey gooey cheese on top. This meal was a winner in my home even with my picky daughter. I’m sure if my other daughter were here she would like it, too. She’s away at university. Sniff, sniff.
If comfort food is your jam, you must try this recipe. It’s simple to make and the results are pure heaven. Enjoy!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 250g package cream cheese, softened
- 6 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cook ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium high heat, until beef is cooked and onions are softened. Add tomato sauce, sugar, salt and garlic salt. Stir.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream, cottage cheese and cream cheese.
- Add 1/2 of noodles to casserole dish followed by 1/2 of meat mixture and then all of the cheese mixture. Layer last 1/2 of noodles followed by last 1/2 of meat mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 720Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 192mgSodium: 1307mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 41g